Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (not about 3)

^haha, okay okay, I agree with you on that. Metroid Prime 2 was a lot more complicated.

I still think that the enemies/bosses were harder in MP1

I got Metroid Prime with a guide through a bundle from Nintendo Power but I didn't wanna use it unless I ABSOLUTELY needed it or until after I got to the end and wanted to go back to pick up all the missiles etc. Metroid Prime 2 I got and figured I'd do the same thing but I ended up going back a few days later to get the guide cuz I needed it so early. So yeah, MP2 was more difficult in my opinion.

And yeah... the space pirates scared the living **** outta me in the first one. I remember getting to the end of the game and not even wanting to face the boss so I took a break of a week or two before I went back in lol That was the first time a game scared me to play it. Half-Life can be creepy at times but it never felt immersive like that first time the space pirates attack you. After that first attack, I crept around so much in the game it might as well have been considered a stealth action game from then on. And I made every save point from then on my *****.

Yeah I remember the space pirates would sneak around behind you and you'd turn around with the heat visor and see this heated entity next you slashing at you suddenly with a blade. I'd totally jump in real life when I'd get caught off guard like that.

I only have Metroid Prime 2, but I don't own Metroid Prime 1.

my friend told me that 1 was MUCH better than 2.

I, for one, really enjoyed Metroid Prime 2.

Metroid Prime 1&2 are must buys

I dunno if I'd say MUCH better personally. It's kinda the same thing with Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for N64. It was a GREAT game but it was still a sequel on the same system using pretty much the same graphics so the entire game depended on the storyline because the player had already kinda absorbed what Zelda on N64 would be. Same deal for Metroid Prime on GC and I'm SLIGHTLY worried that'll carry into MP3. Online play and the Wii controls would make up for it either way, I'm just hoping that little bump in graphics is JUST evident enough even though I'm not picky on graphics and they were GREAT in the first two anyway.

And the music in both games is another point that you feel that "Oh crap, space pirates are around here" so you turn on your visor and you see one hanging from the ceiling 5 steps ahead of you. SUCH an amazing game. Just the fact that they went from Super Metroid, my personal favorite SNES game, to THAT... they REALLY didn't disappoint at all.

I felt 1 & 2 were fairly even in difficulty, but my perspective might seem a bit distored...

When I started 1 I had absolutely no experience playing GameCube games, let alone experience with the method MP implements 1st person control... I thought the control was very weird. But I started 2 immediately after finishing 1, so it felt a bit like I was still playing the same game... Had I started with 2, I'm sure it would have felt harder...

But both of them are very beatable from my perspective... 2 is not a game that's so impossibly hard that it's almost unbeatable... It does, however, take a little time & a little thinking. The occasional lookup online to try to find where you are supposed to go next deffinitely helps as well...

As someone else posted, if you're going to buy them, get them used. You should be able to find them both in any game store that sells used games... I got 'em both for under $20 combined...

Last edited:
Even if you HAVE to get them new, they should NOT cost more than $40 combined considering they're both Player's Choice.

I just got my Wii a couple weeks ago and picked up MP1 and 2 for 20 bucks. It's definitely worth the buy, especially since there aren't all that many games available for Wii to begin with.

Back