Is Monster Hunter 3 a clan-friendly game?

diaoman said:
does Monster Hunter 3 or any other Monster Hunter game have any online mass PvP system that involves at least 2v2?
monster hunter 2 has pvp on the playstation 2 and so does frontier (the pc one), sadly they cut out pvp on the psp versions, it was a bit letdown. I'm pretty sure monster hunter 3 will have pvp since its on a console. Monster is a game where you basically team up against wyverns so the pvp isnt really what you would expect but its still fun. I haven't had a chance to test out the pvp since monster hunter 2(playstation version) is in japan only and so is frontier. monster hunter freedom 2 is on psp though! I've looked at tons of vids on pvp and basically the idea of it is that you catch a wyvern and you bring it into the arena with you, so does the other person. In the arena you can have it 2 people vs 2 people or just 1 vs 1 (with your wyvern on your side of course) and you have to slay the other persons wyvern before they slay yours, it seems pretty cool. Also if anyone wonders if the game will be hard, theres many different types of weapons, so chances are you'll be good with at least some.
Dzapper said:
So is this an RPG, or an action...or what?
I think its considered an rpg. You start in a village and you go on hundreds of different quests or you could go to the training school which is the arena trainings. The village chief initiates the single player quests and you can go into the online guild hall to play with other people, its like that with every monster hunter game. You can also do the guild hall quests alone, they're just harder. For example some guild hall fights such as akantor would take around 40 minutes to do alone, but you could cut that down to about 10 minutes or less with 4 people on the quest (max amount of people).

Last edited:
It seems like this game would get really repetitive. So all you do is go on quest after quest of slaying a big monster? Doesn't that get repetitive and old?

no dude it just gets you more addicted to it because after each quest you do you get new items and you use those items to make better armor or weapons and go off and slay something bigger. also they have gathering quest besides slaying quest where you go out and colllect herbs and stuff, sometimes you even have to steal wyvern eggs out of a nest

haha egg quests sucked dude, they got rid of them in part 2 :p and the game gets repetitive maybe if you're a beginner but once you start playing more it gets far better. Since in the beginning everythings kinda easy but once you get more into it, the monsters start getting total different moves and arent all similar like the beginning ones. Kut ku is the bane of all beginners, he made alot of people quit lol. My friend got the game, couldn't beat Kut ku and then sold it. I laugh at him.

i love the game because you actually have to get better. theres no levels or skill points to use you have to be able to time your dodgeing and attacking to get better the people who hate the game tend to be the people who suck to much and cant get any better.

martino said:
i love the game because you actually have to get better. theres no levels or skill points to use you have to be able to time your dodgeing and attacking to get better the people who hate the game tend to be the people who suck to much and cant get any better.
haha yeah dude, do you use xlink kai?

Back