Is my BRAND NEW wii scratching my discs?

drylake

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2011
Hi and thanks for reading,

I bought a launch wii back in Jan. 07 at Toys R' Us. The thing lasted me for nearly 5 years, but the console started making clicking and buzzing sounds when I played a game, and I feared it may be scratching my discs. Convinced, I bought a brand new black wii bundled with Mario Kart Wii. After playing around with it, I decided to install the homebrew channel (I'm sure most of you know what it is, but essentially, its a channel that allows you to run fun little apps, and even play back-up Wii games) I had to reinstall the homebrew channel 4 times, and in that time I changed the system default IOS58 to the IOS249 to experiment with other apps. After getting paranoid that this channel could potentially damage my new wii, I did the Delete Usage Format to undo all this and put my wii back to how it had been when I bought it. I doubt the homebrew channel and IOS switching did anything, but just in case. Anyway, down to the point, I fear my new black wii might be scratching my discs due to me interferring with the IOS's, having to turn the system on and off multiple times, or the weird sound it makes when I put in a disc (I can't really describe it, its like a combonation of buzzing and clicking). I had been playing Mario Kart Wii, the brand new game that came with it, but I kept switching between games, so I there was a fair amount of taking it out when I was done and putting it back in when I wanted to play it again. The game had been scratch free until I played it after I had installed the IOS249, but then Reformatted my wii back to its original state again. I took out the disc and saw at least 5 noticeable scratches. I'm now a little concerned that my curiosity with the homebrew channel and the IOS's got it like this, either that or I did something to the wii (I do not move the console at all while playing) if anyone has any ideas of what could be going on it'd be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Back