Is the Wii Zapper worth buying?

matt_cal

WiiChat Member
Jan 21, 2008
Anyone have it? I feel like it would be great for both of the RE titles, and other titles to come. Anyone have it? Lemme know if it's worth trying

matt_cal said:
Anyone have it? I feel like it would be great for both of the RE titles, and other titles to come. Anyone have it? Lemme know if it's worth trying
It is fun yes.

However, you can't use it for resident evil 4, because that game uses the A button to shoot :yesnod:

Link's Crossbow training comes free with it and is fun to play :yesnod:

for the price that it's going for right now, i would pick it up.
Link's Crossbow Training is fun/addictive, however the Zapper isn't that great for Resident Evil: UC. Pressing the "A" button to pick things up is sort of awkward, i just play that game without it. it's great for Ghost Squad though.

maybe ill check it out. i thought it would be great for Resident Evil UC, but if not, i guess not haha

It's not a waste of money. It sells for a great price that's worth the novelty of it alone. A device that makes two controllers form a gun? It's like the Voltron of light guns! It rocks.

BIGWAVE said:
for the price that it's going for right now, i would pick it up.
Link's Crossbow Training is fun/addictive, however the Zapper isn't that great for Resident Evil: UC. Pressing the "A" button to pick things up is sort of awkward, i just play that game without it. it's great for Ghost Squad though.
did you set your control settings to "wii zapper"? It lets you use z to pick stuff up and interact.
@matt_cal it depends on what games you have. If you have RE:UC or MoH:H2 then yeah. Can't say how it plays on other games though

According to IGN's Wii editors, it isn't worth the money. They claimed it was novel, but not quite as quick as a standard wiimote and somewhat harder to be accurate with.

Too lazy to find the link so you'll just have to take my word for it

yes and no, the games its comatiable with are fun and great, but there are many games that are compatiable with it

Back