Is there a way I can put pictures/videos/mp3's on my DS?

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
ok I've seen those card things you can get that allow you to download games, (illegally I assume) and I'm not interested in that, but can you get things like that which allow to do the things I listed? If so is there a risk in doing so?

Just wondering.

The same company that sells Action Replay also sells 'Media Players' for Nintendo DSs. They can be found at most gaming stores, I see them at Game Crazy (Hollywood Video) often. I don't consider the games downloaded illegally since you have to download them at the code junkies web site. As for videos, the media player plays MP3 music and DMV (or something like that) videos, the program is included with the 'Media Player'.

It's a decent system, but the only disappointment is that the Micro SD Card included is only 128 MB (in my version anyways). I believe most Micro SD Cards that are 2 GB and under will work.

Of course by downloading games you probably mean games that are not normally made for the Nintendo DS, for those games I can't say I have much knowledge on that.

Last edited:
Aerosive said:
The same company that sells Action Replay also sells 'Media Players' for Nintendo DSs. They can be found at most gaming stores, I see them at Game Crazy (Hollywood Video) often. I don't consider the games downloaded illegally since you have to download them at the code junkies web site. As for videos, the media player plays MP3 music and DMV (or something like that) videos, the program is included with the 'Media Player'.

It's a decent system, but the only disappointment is that the Micro SD Card included is only 128 MB (in my version anyways). I believe most Micro SD Cards that are 2 GB and under will work.

Of course by downloading games you probably mean games that are not normally made for the Nintendo DS, for those games I can't say I have much knowledge on that.
hmm that seems cool, but you have to buy it and a micro sd card, kinda aspensive.

Yes you can! It is a little item called the R4 (Revolution 4) for the DS. This little item lets you play DS Roms, mp3, avi, ebook, pictures, etc all on your DS. It is a very simple thing to use too.

http://www.r4ds.com/r4.htm

I love this little thing. As for where you can get the ROMs...PM me and I will let you know. You might want to do it before someone shuts down this thread because of "illegall" actions. I hate that ****.

Well he said he doesn't want to do anything illegal, so with the R4DS you are allowed to put your own pictures, videos (need to be converted to dpg format to work) and mp3s. It is illegal to download roms and put them on (although I'm not saying you shouldn't if you want to) but I'm pretty sure if you use a wireless connection to send the rom from your own game carts to your computer then putting them on your R4 is legal.

You might not like the picture viewer though, it's pretty crap.

Also for a list of accessories for the DS go here: Nintendo DS Accessories

There is an official First Party MP3 player.

The R4 does normally come with a Micro SD upon purchase and usually you wanna get one that's 2GB (atm it doesn't support anything higher). I bought mine with a 2GB card for the same price as your average game.

Last edited:
dsmp3.jpg

I've got this. Does exactly what it says on the [STRIKE]tin[/STRIKE] box.

Just need to buy an SD card to go with it. I had it for about £30-40ish, but that was in the January sales so it might usually be more expensive, but then again this was a while a go.

hmm. . . official mp3 player not released in u.s. 20 pounds. . . .

you can't have playlists and it has hardly any memory though. . .

nah don't think any of these options are worth while, I might consider the mp3 thing when it cames to the u.s.

Just buy a flashcart, Something like the R4. It will play movies and Mp3's and also allow you to play backed up games and emulators.

You might wanna just get the R4 so that you can play your music and videos. Everyone with a DS in my high school uses an R4 except for me and my friend (We both use our DS phats).

I use the AR media dock, but you would need a CompactFlash card. Plays homebrew, mp3s, yada yada.

This is still going?

Well I might actually buy the AR games/mp3/video thingy thats $40 when I get a Lite and sell my phat.

Not really interested in the R4, but how much is it anywho?

Back