is this ok for my wii?

Wiitime

the guy below- HES BACK!!
Oct 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
1405-1695-6567-5492
sometimes this happends... I will shut my wii, but it would take a little longer to turn off. i would hold the power button, then the wii menu would stay on the screen then turn off but it would take a little longer.. ( not minutes, seconds)... is that ok to happen. it doesnt happen that much

So when you click the power button, sometimes it takes a few seconds to shut off?

well, sometimes it would just take a few seconds longer. when i would shut it, it would go off withing a few seconds... sometimes it would stay on the wii menu for a little longer then usual...... ok so its normal? thanks

maybe because you leave a disk in and maybe its got to stop the disk from spinning (it checks for disks every time you goto the menu) before it shuts down, i think that causes that whirring sound aswell

Yeah, I think mynes like this too, Nintendo make good products lol just calm down ;). I have never thought about this as even close to an issue, but i understand your concern lol

Hopefully it's not a problem.

The wii console will take longer to turn off if you have wiiconnect 24 on.

Sometimes that happens because the pressure you apply to the power button shifts around and the button becomes "unpressed" so it would go into standby mode but then you would press it again and hold again and it would then shut down. it happens i noticed this alot when im trying to shut it down fast but my fingers would move slightly and the power button would read as if my finger already came off it.

thanks guys... !!.. i feel better about it

Back