Is VC Emulating or porting.

stainy

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Just wondering about the Virtual Console..
Are there a few emulators built into the wii to allow these games to run... surely not they`ve gone down the whole porting route!!

I`m guessing emulation - if so... wonder if they used existing or wrote from scratch! :idea: :idea:

I thought it was emulation and that the emulator was downloaded with each game. I could be wrong though.

Blizzard said:
I thought it was emulation and that the emulator was downloaded with each game. I could be wrong though.

They have emulator software on the Wii. The VC games are ROMS (with added secuirty) that run on the Wii's emulator. If there ever comes a game that has issues with the Wii's emulator software then they will need to release a Wii System Update to fix it.

the shadows on the tj&e trees render the same as the genesis emulator on mac. I don't care if they fix it or not though, it's no biggie.

Blizzard said:

This is correct.

The games are emulated, but the emulators are tailored for each individual game. This ensures a "perfect" emulation. While many "illegal" emulators are of great quality, there is usually some minor glitch here and there with individual games as you just cannot predict all scenarios in an emulated enviornment.

B.E.D.

Back