VC Online?

JonnyJTV

WiiChat Member
Feb 14, 2007
Once Wii online is up and running, what are the chances of the abiltity to play VC games online against others. I know we would all love it...and when you think about it, the logistics of it are not that difficult.
They obviously are not going to edit any of the games to have menu's etc... so I would think the ability to play with your friends..ie the people who's codes you have entered would not be that hard. They would only have to create a channel that effects the emulator, not the games. I picture it as opening the channel, selecting who you would be playing against, choosing who is player 1, and who is player 2... then from there you can select the game. You would both have to have the game on your console. I believe
a) it shouldn't be too hard for them to do and
b) it would increase VC sales.

What are your thoughts? And what do you honestly think the chances of it are?

There was a pretty good emulator out there that allowed people to play against each other online. I don't remember the name but it was really easy to do, nintendo could do it but I think they are having trouble with the whole online thing, they still think people don't really want it. The possibilities there but we won't see it. it would be great to play the same old games with my brother online that we used to play together as kids.

Ok here are the facts. In a recent interview with a Neo Geo employee he said Nintendo can unlock VC games online. However he commented Nintendo is focused on getting their Wii game content online first (SSBB). So eventually we will see VC games online. Heck someone could hack the system later for such a feature.

The Catch: Nintendo needs to buy a lot of servers. They will easily have 10+ million users online by the end of 2007 (more than WoW). That's a lot of servers. They need to do it in a way that Battlenet does it. No fees for the user.

That emulator...ZNES? I can't remember, we use to network emulators more then anything. Fun stuff, and easy. I can't see how productive it would be though for 99% of the games unfortunetly. Maybe if you could connect with someone like a Wii friend to play with them. As for a Internet lobby, well, surprise me Nintendo.

Not many game on the VC really need to be online anyway.
Mario Kart 64 and Super Smash Brothers but besides that any games that really would need online??? I would be very happy if Mario Kart 64 was online it would be another reason to buy the game on the VC.

Trace said:
That emulator...ZNES? I can't remember, we use to network emulators more then anything. Fun stuff, and easy. I can't see how productive it would be though for 99% of the games unfortunetly. Maybe if you could connect with someone like a Wii friend to play with them. As for a Internet lobby, well, surprise me Nintendo.

Yep. Kaillera was the server thing that actually went on line and then there were a handful of EMUs that used Kaillera. Znes was the Snes one. Jnes was the NES one. Then a certain mame and a certain Gens.

I used to play the lots of those games online. Marvel vs Capcom one of my favs. and the D&D arcade games. I have played strangers at many NES games though, and that is a great feeling. VC would be awesome, but there is no money in it for them really.

Back