vc games being played online

Sylendris said:
Why should nintendo waste their time tryin to bring out old games online when they can use that time to bringout new Wifi Wii games.

thats an iggnorant comment IMO.

as far as coding and changing the original games go, there wouldn't be any required. All that Nintendo has to do is setup the second input (that would normally be hooked up a controller) to a connection. I know that's really simplified and a bit glib but that's the general idea. The point it, it's all on the emulator side of things, not on the game side, like sagema said above, there are emulators that have accomplished this. Nintendo is just dragging their feet with online features as a whole. They need to kick it in gear.

If people can figure out how to run homebrew in Wii mode instead of GC mode then we could have online play with nearly any older games/system. Unfortunately Nintendo farked up GC emulation to the point that even Mario Kart/PSO cant access the network functionality :(

Last edited:
I think by the recent fact that WiFi for Nintendo has reached over 5 million users, Nintendo is serious this time. However they are also a company that likes to take their time. 2008 will probably be the year Nintendo puts more focus into online gaming. In the meantime we are garaunteed SSBB later this year.

June 25th we get online gaming in the US. It will start small and grow. How much is up to Nintendo.

What Nintendo should have are a huge compilation of retro games on one disk, and if you like the compilation of the games, then buy it. 30 bucks would be a nice price aswell. I do believe Nintendo made their VC games a little pricey. I actually cringed when I spent 8 dollars on street fighter. But it is a great game. :D

I would like to see an update for Bomberman '93 of which lets you play 2 player online in "com link" mode, similar to playing 2 player using 2 linked up TurboExpress handhelds in the original game. You may need to input the friend code of who you wanna play against (before the game starts) .

.:Walkman:. said:
I dont think that they will be putting VC Games online. they would have to change the whole multiplayer section of the game around :D

Not really, many emulators on the PC add online play without changes to the mod. In the last month I played NES Contra and Genesis Streets of Rage 3 over the internet.

Back