Issues with Tiger Woods 08

Hub Dub 04

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Hello,

I just bought my Wii this afternoon and bought Tiger Woods 2008 today also.

I am having some problems with it and I think there might be some serious glitches.

I cannot zoom into my target with the A button, like it says I can do in the manual. I also cannot use the putting assistance button which is the - button either.

No matter what I try, switching controllers, changing settings, etc, I cannot get them to work. Is this something that others have experienced? Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Both of those features work for me, so I can't help you there. But the game is terribly slow in loading, and lags sometimes when I try to zoom.

The worst issue are the errors I get when I have to take the disc out and restart the console. This has happened to me twice in the three months I have owned the Wii, once playing Wii sports and once playing Zelda. However, it happened THREE times in a hour and a half playing Tiger. I wasn't even able to complete 9 holes. Is this a game issue or a console issue?

Having just bought it last night myself and gone through the initial tutorial, I found most of the controls to be working as advertised. The interface does take some getting used to, however. But the aiming should work.

I had some trouble, however, getting the draw and fade shots (I can't remember which one is which, but both were troublesome!) The second one in particular took about 30 swings before I got the yellow arrow to point to the right (indicateding that you did in fact get a fade) and land in the fairway. Truth is, I'm not sure how I did it! There must be more to the shot than simply twisting your wrist. I wonder if anyone is having a better time of it than me.

On the other hand, I eagled on the second hole at Pebble Beach! So, I must have something going right!

Spotnik said:
On the other hand, I eagled on the second hole at Pebble Beach! So, I must have something going right!

beginners luck mate :smilewinkgrin:

I'll be getting this over the next couple of days so will write up a comparison between 07 and 08 :yesnod:

Putting assistance is a practice put not just a line indicator. So after your press minus if you see the green horizontal bar across the top you can put a practice put that won't affect your score.

I set my game settings to advanced controller and basically medium/hard settings elsewhere and I had a hole in one within 3 hours of play time.

I've had many chip ins and long putts too. I didn't own Tiger Woods 2007 either although I have played it on the Wii. This game is fun but it seems to be too easy. I still really like the game though.

The putting is not at all frustrating like it was on 07.

The draws and fades do work differently. You might need to 'set up' with the draw or fade position at the wiimote. In other words "close" the wiimote at the start position and keep it closed. (Closed means turn the wiimote to the left.

I'm not really itching for online play but that is certainly what it needs. In order to do effective online play however there needs to be some better method of standardizing the game play and difficulty settings. Right now it seems to 'adjustable.'

Stallyon said:
beginners luck mate :smilewinkgrin:

I'll be getting this over the next couple of days so will write up a comparison between 07 and 08 :yesnod:

I don't deny the "luck" element--obviously I didn't bother to mention that I triple bogeyed the following hole!

This morning I fired it up before going to work--onlly my second outing, actually, and since I forgot to save a character the first time I had to go through the tutorials AGAIN! Well, this time with some futzing around I got the draws and fades to work within about three or four tries. It's just like austinallen said--once you learn to hold the twist through the whole shot it seems to work as advertised. Once, however, I was clearly twisting to the right and it went left instead--but that might have been from twisting rightwise during the stroke. Hard to say. But I at least feel better that this is actually something that I can control and not purely accidental behavior on the part of the Wiimote. (There's probably a little of that too, I'm sure.)

Looking forward to your comparisons, Stallyon!

Back