Issues with Wii Fit Plus Balance Boards?

Starter

WiiChat Member
Oct 9, 2009
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Hello, new to Wii... got the Fit Plus package the other day, and every time I try and set up a user for it, the BMI reads me as "overweight". I'm 5'10", 165lbs, and pretty ripped... not like a body builder, but pretty lean and muscular- six pack etc. Definitely not a fatty like the little character that keeps popping up on the screen. I keep starting the user info portion over, but it keeps coming up as overweight. Is it just my particular equipment, or are all the new Fit Plus boards having issues? Thanks!

Regular does the same thing. Its the same board. They ddin't change anything. It tells me I'm 10 pounds lighter. It's not very acurate.

BMI is not the best indicator of being in shape or obese. It can't tell the difference between a muscular 165 pounds or a flabby 165 pounds.

Ah... so it's kind of a universal flaw, it sounds like. Will this have any impact on the level of exercise it lets me do, calorie counts, etc?

It will not have an impact on the exercises it will let you do. However, to unlock higher levels you will have to spend a certain number of time on the exercise/game.

Yes, as stated BMI is not the best indicator of fitness. It just indicates what you weight should be approximately given your height. However, since muscle weighs more than fat, if you are muscular you don't have to worry too much.

Back