I've got a suggestion regarding friend list messages..

Atomheart

M'bating to Z Suit Samus
Jul 30, 2007
WI
How about we all put our general locations/regions/states somewhere in our friends list messages. For example, in my message, I could put midwest or maybe WI. Maybe the best would be to put the category you fall under in the match finder forums (e.g., midwest, atlantic north, etc.).

This way, we can better coordinate to specific areas to reduce lag and such. It might help later on in tourneys as well.

Just a suggestion.

im not sure its that important. as long as you arent playing someone in china and nintendo keeps working on the online situation giving locations shouldnt be that important. i play ut04 on a server in europe and still ping 120 so i wouldnt waste my time telling people where i am.

I don't think it would be a a necessary use, it might be good if you add people randomly. Usually, though, when you give people your FC and you add them you should tell them where you are and ask where they are at during that exchange.

What would be more suiting for your comment is when you would probably be availible for play next time, or your general play schedule. But even that might not be useful to people.

You aren't allowed double posting in this forum, that means no bumping.

Lugia said:
im not sure its that important. as long as you arent playing someone in china and nintendo keeps working on the online situation giving locations shouldnt be that important. i play ut04 on a server in europe and still ping 120 so i wouldnt waste my time telling people where i am.

It actually does make a difference. When me and you play the lag wasn't that bad at all, and you have a green ball (good latency) on my friends list. It might be because we're somewhat close. I played with someone from cali and the lag was quite bad.

Yes, I think it's a good idea. I have added it to my friend message.

So if the lag isn't good you won't play with them at all?

A lag isnt that bad now and then.

Back