Iwata Says Miyamoto is "Scary", "Merciless"

manred

Animal Collective
Dec 30, 2007
Wherever Fate Takes Me
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Shigeru Miyamoto is not some lovable man-child! He used to smoke and gamble. And he gets pissed, man, he gets PISSED. Just listen to what Nintendo honcho Satoru Iwata has to say about him:

"Miyamoto-san gets pretty scary when he's angry, doesn't he?"

...and...

"Miyamoto-san is really merciless when it comes to planning!" (laughs)

Shigeru Miyamoto, brilliant game designer. Frightening dude. He doesn't just upturn tea tables. He BEATS people with them.

Source

I think every game designer is like this at some point in their life.

Last edited:
lol, i figured he was a more hyperactive type. atleast it shows he's human.

Honestly, I just can't see him being like that.
He is always acting goofy and smiling.

I dunno...You only see what he wants to show on his interviews and the sort. You never know what he's like off camera? It doesn't matter to me honestly. As long as good games are created, he can enslave his workers for all I care, lmao.

It's not actually that bad. If you looked at the actual interview, it was all said in a joking manner. Merciless planning is actually kind of important...

Lol so hes human, I get pissed sometimes too. But I can't make sexy games like him, so go Sakurai!

Last edited:
Ya this doesn't look serious just looks like they are kidding. On the other hand though who wouldn't escpically with what he does!

Shigeru Miyamoto is not some lovable man-child! He used to smoke and gamble. And he gets pissed, man, he gets PISSED.

I read that the first time and thought

"so the man likes to drink"

:lol:

Thank god it isn't Reggie he's talking about that guys a beast. Miyamoto could be restrained but Reggie is the hulk in human form.
--
Miyamoto is only human as mentioned earlier but don't take this to seriously.

Back