Just a Noobish Question

Arcadium

Not Banned
Jun 19, 2006
Colombia
Wii Online Code
6980-3796-3948-8393
I've a lot of time in here, but I just have a question

Can The VC controller (Classic Controller), play GameCube games? and also, can I play for example SSBM with 2 VC controllers and 2 Gamecube controllers

Ive been searching around this, and I just need someone to help me with this and thats it.

The VC controller CAN NOT play Gamecube games. I'm not too sure about your second question. I know someone posted a VERY great article with a Nintendo Rep. that explained all of this.

I don't understand why it wouldn't work, since it is basically a gamecube controller with a different look... It has all the same buttons...

Quite simply, the VC controller (as far as I know) is wireless. Ta-da!

Jenova said:
I don't understand why it wouldn't work, since it is basically a gamecube controller with a different look... It has all the same buttons...

It's already confirmed that it will NOT work with Gamecube games.

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, I've read something about it being able to play GC games, though it may be difficult to play select GC titles, since the shoulder buttons aren't analog.

Kumoriken said:
Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, I've read something about it being able to play GC games, though it may be difficult to play select GC titles, since the shoulder buttons aren't analog.

Ok, you keep fighting and fighting with me.. well here ya go.

http://www.i4u.com/article7008.html

Quote from the article:

"Also important is that GameCube games on the Wii cannot be played with the Classic Controller, only with the GameCube one. "

Happy now? That was just released on i4u today.

ABC said:
Ok, you keep fighting and fighting with me.. well here ya go.

http://www.i4u.com/article7008.html

Quote from the article:

"Also important is that GameCube games on the Wii cannot be played with the Classic Controller, only with the GameCube one. "

Happy now? That was just released on i4u today.
Well, I can't tell when that article you source was written, but I'm guessing it's not as recent as the Wii Guide that IGN made which says, like Kumoriken hinted at, that the Classic Controller can be used to play Gamecube games, but that some Gamecube games will be hard to play with the Classic Controller because it lacks true triggers (the Gamecube controller had actual triggers, while the Classic Controller just has shoulder buttons).

Source (mouse over the #6 next to the controller to read the facts)

Back