Question...

JAKE196 said:
The only games the GC and Wiimote do not work with are Turbographics16.

unless you want to play these games you don't really need one.

I didn't know that.
Apologies to the others as well who corrected me.

Guess I need to catch up on my VC games :lol:

Tim Terror said:
So yeah ive been wondering...is there any real reason for me to get a Classic Controller? I mean the way i look at it is i have yet to find a game that needed it to be played...Even on VC i could either use the Wiimote or the Gamecube controller (which i have both) so i dont see a reason to get it..should i or is it a waste of money?

well there are games that use only the classic controller. i like it because you can use it on any VC game and i personaly find it easier to use than other controllers.

i will buy one.....i use the Classic controller to play Night, Guilty gear, and a few other games....some games like the Breath of Fire 2 on the VC and sin and punishment

There are like 5 or possibly more games that do not work with the GC controller Super Mario World being one of them

And Classic Controller is semi-wireless being tethered to the wii-mote, however the GC controller is not, unless of course you've got a Wavebird like myself (i also have a classic controller mind you)

Plus when Brawl Comes around you'll have all controller combinations

The Gamecube controller is unattractive to me, I know it's a bad reason but it's true, and also I sold my Gamecube and PS2 with everything that goes with it for a 360 about a year ago so I'm not about to buy a crappy Gamecube controller when the Classic Controller looks good and feels better, I also have $$$ to burn from Christmas and it's really not that much more, the only thing that bothers me is the wire, is it wireless? I don't know, but anyway Brawl has been said to work better with the Classic Controller so another good reason, I;m going to buy one next weekend.

CantGetAWii said:
Classic controller would be a wise investment, you can't just use a Gamecube controller. Gamecube controller works for n64 games, but to play the rest of them like the Super Nintendo and Sega games you will need the classic controller, so your better off buying one and using it for all games really.

But if you plan on only downloading n64 games, your Gamecube controller works fine.

Also note, the Wiimote does not work with any VC games.
Remember that.
Wow this is an incredibly misinformed post from CantGetAWii. Usually he's spot on, but i'm pretty sure this is wrong.

I think anything you need a classic for you could also use a gamecube.
Also the wiimote alone is used for all NES games if you want as well as GC and classic i think.

no you dont "Need" it for anything its just more convieneint to have... Look for yourself

http://www.nintendo.com/wii/virtualconsole

even turbo graphics will work with the wiimote,thats the majority of my downloads and i haven't had a problem with it yet... just the layout makes it a little uncomfortable to play in my opinion,its just too narrow. But you can play turbo graphics,NES with the wiimote just fine.its the exact same setup as the original controller.

But the classic will do a nice clean job of playing all of them with no need to plug in a gamecube controller each time, specailly SNES,SEGA,NeoDeo Where its setup almost identical to the original. Thats why they made it.

and ive got my wii stashed under my t.v. so tight its a pain to pull it out and plug in gamecube controllers on the top just to play a game. specially when i dont use it to play gamecube games in the first place.

the only one i dont like is N64 Games, neaither the classic or GC controller feel right, I'm not sure if i preffer one to the other... eaither way though the classic is a nice alternative to having to alternate between the wiimote/GC controler... just bust out the classic whenever you play a VC game...

I thought there was talk of the classic being needed in the future for some Wii games anyway? Like with some of the
3rd party games being too cheep to change there controlls to match the wiimote motion sensing?? might be just rumor.
eaither way its not "Needed" yet, thats for sure, its something you could probably wait a little while to get, like when your VC library gets bigger, or untill the price drops on them... i pick them up used when i find them like 7 bucks each i wouldn't pay 20 bucks for one though. even game cube controllers dont sell for that much these days.

i wouldn't get one, but thats just me.
there arent many games that you would need it for.

dont waste your money, but if you need it
later you can get it then

samXcor3 said:
Wow this is an incredibly misinformed post from CantGetAWii. Usually he's spot on, but i'm pretty sure this is wrong.

I think anything you need a classic for you could also use a gamecube.
Also the wiimote alone is used for all NES games if you want as well as GC and classic i think.

Yes, I acknowledged my mistake :lol:
I've only bought 5 VC games all n64 ones..and I could have sworn I read that somewhere. But more than one person was getting in mah grillz about it, so I figured it was incorrect.

Some games suck if you play them with a GC control. LIke donkey kong. Playing donkey kong country with a gc controller sucks ass. so, it all really depends on the game and if you don't mind playing with an odd button set up.

LiquidD said:
Some games suck if you play them with a GC control. LIke donkey kong. Playing donkey kong country with a gc controller sucks ass. so, it all really depends on the game and if you don't mind playing with an odd button set up.

alot do acctually.. the GC controller isnt setup at all for older gen games... im guessing thats why they tossed the classic out in the first place.
think of all the older generation people that bought the wii mainly for the fact they could download the old games they remeber as kids. just to find out that they have to use a newer controller with the experience... they would be ticked.
It might not be required to play the games but they would get tons of complaints if they didnt make a classic at all thats for sure...

Personally, I'm cheap, so I avoided buying the classic controller and instead bought a wavebird.

But when I found an opportunity to get a classic controller for free....I honestly love it. It's just downright awkward using the GC controller for some fighting games and most SNES VC games. It's a matter of convenience.

dont forget this kiddies... havent seen it posted on here yet never really looked eaither though

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?categoryID=80

if you have the complete collections of nintendos... why noy make retro... really retro..lol
i just wish they had one for a 64 controller... might have to rig one up myself...

although if you still have the oldschool controllers you probably still have the systems and dont need to buy the games for your wii... and with the cords the same price as a classic, your really a fan boy if you gotta keep it this real!

wish they had it for TG16 and sega though... the only systems i really saved was atari and nintendo's everything else comes and goes over the years for me

so many misconceptions in this thread.

someone said the cube controller only works for 64 games? not true, works for all, cantgetawii said the wiimote doesnt work for any games? not true, works for NES games and some genesis games i think, i know it does for sonic games.

so basically, dont waste money on it unless u want it just to match ur wii, or because it's cool to use (brought back memories of my snes days)

Back