Laptop Freezing. Help?

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Well basically, whenever I try to download something (whether it be something like Limewire or Torrents) or even going on certain MySpace accounts (usually ones with fat ol' profile pictures etc..) my Laptop freezes, but on my computer it doesn't freeze at all. It's set up wirelessly with D-Links, (if that means anything to anyone) and I was wondering if anyone has a clue how I can stop it freezing? Thanks :)

will try off the top of my head.

go to control pannel, go to classic view, and go to system, should tell you your cpu and RAM, should be all i need to know.

i'm a mac user and don't use windows often

Wiired said:
Well basically, whenever I try to download something (whether it be something like Limewire or Torrents) or even going on certain MySpace accounts (usually ones with fat ol' profile pictures etc..) my Laptop freezes, but on my computer it doesn't freeze at all. It's set up wirelessly with D-Links, (if that means anything to anyone) and I was wondering if anyone has a clue how I can stop it freezing? Thanks :)
If you can describe the manner in which it freezes that would be a big help.
What are you able to do once it freezes?
What do you see on the screen?
is it mainly the program freezing or the whole computer?
As much detail as you can please.

Think this is what you meant :) probably gave you stuff which you can hack my computer but there ya go :D

Edit : (Prez) My laptop freezes completly, I can't do anything, can't move the mouse, can't change the programs, can't 'alt + f4' stuff, literally nothing. On the screen, I see what I've last been on, e.g it freezes on whatever was up just before it freezes (no change to the screen in other words)

Last edited:
yeah if i were you i would get rid of that image as quick as..

your specs seam fine, nothing to do with that. what application are you using?

Gaz said:
yeah if i were you i would get rid of that image as quick as..

your specs seam fine, nothing to do with that. what application are you using?
Application? Sorry, not too clever with the lingo. Searched on wikipedia what application could of meant, came up with Windows and Microsoft <-- both what I use :) doubt thats right though.

Also thanks for saying about pic :)

The software that I'm using to download things? (to save time - if so, then I've tried numerous different places to download for both torrents and others, Limewire, Morpheus, Azureus etc.. etc.., all the same freezing)

Wiired said:
Edit : (Prez) My laptop freezes completly, I can't do anything, can't move the mouse, can't change the programs, can't 'alt + f4' stuff, literally nothing. On the screen, I see what I've last been on, e.g it freezes on whatever was up just before it freezes (no change to the screen in other words)
I would advise you to do a virus scan, spyware chaeck, and possibly reformat.
P2P programs like torrents and limewire use up a lot of resources, and if the computer can not take it, it will freeze up like that.
Clean your computer from viruses and spyware, defrag, etc...
and it could quite possibly fix the problem.

Prez said:
I would advise you to do a virus scan, spyware chaeck, and possibly reformat.
P2P programs like torrents and limewire use up a lot of resources, and if the computer can not take it, it will freeze up like that.
Clean your computer from viruses and spyware, defrag, etc...
and it could quite possibly fix the problem.
Yeah thats what my cousin said (who knows too much about computers) but it didnt really do the trick. It's been freezing ever since I first got the laptop (like a year ago), but just thought then that I'd ask you guys to see your suggestions :D thanks anyway :)

Wiired said:
Yeah thats what my cousin said (who knows too much about computers) but it didnt really do the trick. It's been freezing ever since I first got the laptop (like a year ago), but just thought then that I'd ask you guys to see your suggestions :D thanks anyway :)
Would like to help you out, but unfourtunately have plans, and am stepping out.
Hopefully you'll get the help you need. good luck.

what i suggest, is compleatly killing your laptop, delete everything, then re-install windows, and try agian, if it still happens, it's hardware problem.

Hmm.. seems too much effort to just download a few things, and as there doesn't seem to be anything simple and may be hard to understand the problems without viewing for some people, I think I'll just leave it how it is and buy things :p Thanks a bunch guys, much appreciated for your time/help :)

Back