Limited Edition Black Wii for Europe!

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

Limited Edition Black Wii for Europe!-1.052009-10-20 11:29:00Maura SAs much as we hate to say we told you so, but… we told you so! Following on from our news story last week that Nintendo of America was releasing a black Wii Remote and Nunchuk, which prompted us to speculate that a black Wii console might be on the way sooner rather than later, Nintendo has today announced that a limited-edition black Wii bundle will be released in the UK and Ireland on 6th November and in Europe on 20th November.

The bundle will include a black Wii Remote, Wii MotionPlus and Nunchuk, as well as copies of Wii Sports Resort and the original Wii Sports. As well as this exciting package, Nintendo will also be launching the new black Classic Controller Pro across Europe, which is an enhanced version of the Classic Controller. The black Wii Remote, Wii MotionPlus and Nunchuk will also all be available to buy separately across Europe from 20th November.

Looks nice... I'll definately get one once they're released. I still haven't gotten around to getting a second controller for some reason... all the multiplayer Wii games I play (Brawl, Mario Kart, Castlevania Judgement) are GCube-compatible.

However, who here's going to get a black Wii? Most people who wanted one already got one of the normal ones, so a black one probably won't entice too many newcomers. Also, almost no one is going to get more than one of the same console, unless they wanted to make the best black and white chess board for an awesome... Nintendo-themed... chess... game...
*rushes off to buy Wiis and paint half of them black*

damn it! i want a black wii!

plus since my wii can't play discs, i actually have a reason for owning 2. one for VC/Wiiware and internet, one for games

Back