Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router Good/Bad?

Pelts

Wii-Beastie
Dec 17, 2006
Wii Online Code
8178-0597-2418-9681
I'm having to get a wireless router to be compatible with the Wii. I've read lots about the routers (including compatible list), but I wanted some peoples opinions. Is the Linksys WRT54G Wireless-G Router a good router for the Wii?

I think I have that model. It works fine for me.

I've got it, and it's a good one.

It's also easily "hackable" (DD-WRT) to get lots of cool things on it, but it's still a great router out-of-the-box.

easily hackable. yup. but what are the chnances of that... (*knock on wood*) hehe

Is there much setup to configure it to the wii?

intekmdma said:
easily hackable. yup. but what are the chnances of that... (*knock on wood*) hehe

Not bad hacking...good hacking. You can download third-party firmware that gives it a ton more features that by default.

The chances of it are....whether or not you want to do it.

its a fine router, same one I have. No set-up involved to get the wii working unless you encrypt the signal, even then it is easy.

To get your internet set up you plug in cable modem and thats it, alot easier than the netgear router I used to have.

Just make sure it works ok, the first 2 I had dropped packets and once I got aworking one it is one of the best routers I have ever used.

Awesome. Based on what everyone's said, I would say that this will do fine. If there's anything else people want to mention, please continue to comment.

Back