Lost 1st player Wiimote - Other wiimotes will not turn on system

GumboJones

WiiChat Member
Apr 13, 2007
I lost the origonal wiimote that came with my wii. I have two other wiimotes, but neither will link with the system as the primary wiimote, only as 2nd and 3rd players. Is there something wrong with my wii or is this a function of the system? Also, if it is a function, what do I do if the first wiimote is lost forever?

maybe if you connect your wiimote to your wii then click the home button then go on remote configuration and click reconnect

that might work not sure though

GumboJones said:
I lost the origonal wiimote that came with my wii. I have two other wiimotes, but neither will link with the system as the primary wiimote, only as 2nd and 3rd players. Is there something wrong with my wii or is this a function of the system? Also, if it is a function, what do I do if the first wiimote is lost forever?

this is not a function, the wii can be powered on with every wiimote which becomes number 1 and then the other remotes are assigned in the order they are turned on, i.e when you press the A button on them. That's at least what happens with my wii.
I suggest that you clear the setings of all syncronized wiimotes. This can be done by holding the red button near the sd slot of the wii for more than 10 seconds. Then try to sync all your wii motes again one by one by first pressing the button on the wii and then the button on the wiimote.

iceblade said:
I suggest that you clear the setings of all syncronized wiimotes. This can be done by holding the red button near the sd slot of the wii for more than 10 seconds. Then try to sync all your wii motes again one by one by first pressing the button on the wii and then the button on the wiimote.

That will work :thumbsup:

naw.. what you can do is just manually turn on the Wii .. then push the red buttom on the SD card area, and then on the Wiimote.... thas what i did when i lent all my wiimotes to my friend and they cleared my setttings ! :mad5:

Are you sure that your first wiimote is lost? Sounds like it may be under a cushion somewhere connecting to your Wii without you knowing it. Press the home button and see if it is still connected... Arkham's Razor

If its still connected wait for like 5 days and it'l;l run out of batterys. There you go no more connection:O

GumboJones said:

Back