MadWorld Director Interested In Stab At Sequel

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.nintendolife. the madworld director is interested in a squeakuel, i mean a sequel sorry i seen that new chipmunk movie last night.

Sequel on the horizon?

Thinks mature-rated game was very well received

With all the whining and bellyaching over mature-rated games on Wii lately, it's interesting to hear about a studio so unfazed, even keen on the prospect of doing more in the area. And that studio is Platinum Games.
Their first-ever release, the hyper-violent monochrome brawler MadWorld, may have been a modest seller, but director Shigenori Nishikawa told Official Nintendo Magazine UK in an upcoming issue that Platinum wouldn't mind another go.

I think MadWorld was very well received and was acknowledged for its innovative graphical style and gameplay. We would definitely be interested in making a sequel in the future. We liked it so much that we slapped a well-deserved 9 on it, so a sequel would be just fine by us.

heres the officialnintendomagazine.co.uk.

Contradictions collapse.

people have the right to change their minds. and what is "contradictions"

maybe Sega didnt wanna do nemore mature games but now might reconsider, ever thought of that huh...prolly not.

Contradictions collapse.
people have the right to change their minds. and what is "contradictions"

contradictions are when you say one thing and then do the opposite. for example if i said i hate Brawl but then went and played it for hours on end because of how much i love the game, then i contradicted myself.

yes yes, i know what "contradiction" means but sega did it so yeah, maybe sega wasn't going to make mature games anymore but then s yes yes they did contradict themselves, so what most of us sometime do it, (the world in general)

heck i even contradict myself sometimes.

There is no contradiction.

Sega only published Madworld. Platinum Games made it and it is they who are interested in making a sequel, it doesn't mean that Sega would publish it.

Sega ranting/whining about mature titles not selling/being worth the time <-> Sega's studio considering MadWorld as well received and willing to develop the sequel

That is the contradiction.

Last edited:
There is a difference between being well received by critics and actual sales though.

Platinum were no doubt happy with the review scores but Sega were not so happy with the sales. Hence Sega saying no to more mature titles, while Platinum are happy to do a sequel.

Platinum Games are not owned by Sega so another publisher would likely handle any sequel.

Back