Mario Hoops 3 on 3

roorbert

WiiChat Member
Oct 15, 2006
Well, some people were wondering if this game supported Wi-Fi or not. It doesn't, it only supports wireless play (30 meter range).

I bought it, and when I found out it didn't support Wi-Fi, I was frustrated. But I still play the game because I unlocked the hardest mode. The computer in that mode is a challenge so it keeps you playing. The game is fun, if you guys want more info about the game, ask me.

I'm sorry if the Wi-Fi question was already answered, I read a topic about it and couldn't find it again.

My main questions about the game is, is it fun? I've been reading some reviews and i've seen good and bad. what are your thoughts on it minus the fact that there isn't WiFi?

Well I think it's fun, because the computer offers a good challenge. If you're looking for a long game i wouldn't suggest it. There are only four tournaments with easy and hard mode. Now, I only play against the computer, I didn't try to get gold trophies every where.

But I do play it alot. Sometimes instead of playing MPH, which is a very good game, I play mario hoops, so it does entertain but sometimes it's frustrating.

If you're looking for a game that uses the touch screen, well this is good for you...

If you want, i'll tell you how we play the game so you can see if you'll like it or not.

I guess you should watch some clips on youtube of mario hoops and march of the minis to choose. That's how i decide what game to buy

Tell me what bad and good things you've heard about it, I'll confirm the info..

Last edited:
its fun, but a pain in the ass some times!

the comp can be very hard at times...and the different courts are fun [scept the F***N ice one!!!!]

the bad thing! is no Wifi and you need a 2nd player that owns the game to play a 3 on 3 between 2 DSs

How do you play it? I would imagine for like shotting hoops you hold down a button, drag down while aiming on the touch screen, then release in a forward motion. But idk, whats it like?

NEgative.

to shoot u either press a [ithink] or with the stylus move it acros the screen up

to dribble for the coins just tap on the screen

to pass same thing as shootin but left or R.

Game Play:

You dribble the ball on yellow squares that are on the ground to get coins, then you try to shoot the ball in the basket. You don't have to get coins, but it gives you a lot more points. The game lasts 5 minutes: 2 periods of 2:30. The team with the highest score at the end wins. Sometimes yellow squares give items, they might help you or they might help your opponent.

Normal shot / Dunk ( 20 points )
Long range shot ( 30 points )
Special Shot ( 40 points )

Controls:

In offense (when you have the ball)

• Shoot (Slide the stylus upwards)
  • Pass (Slide the stylus left or right)
  • Dunk (Slide the stylus upwards near the net)
  • Charged Dunk (Slide the stylus twice upwards near the net)
  • Special Shot (Tap the touch screen in a certain shape depending of the character)
  • Dribble (Tap the touch screen, used to get coins)
  • Trick (Slide the stylus down, then left or right)

In defense (when the ennemy has the ball)

• Block (Slide the stylus upwards twice)
  • Charge Block (Hold the stylus on the touch screen, stops ennemy's passes and prevents them from moving in the direction you're blocking)
  • Steal (Slide the stylus down)
  • Charge Steal (Hold the stylus on the touch screen then slide the stylus down)
  • Throw Item (Slide the stylus in the direction you want to throw the item)
  • Change Teammate (Press L, it will change to the person closest to the ball, unless you select a person with the D pad)

Extra:

There are characters you can unlock as well as balls, you can also unlock new courts and tournements. There is also a computer difficulty you can unlock.

Last edited:
hmmm, this actually shounds like a game that I might like, dosen't require a lot fo time, but can still be chalenging. thanks guys, good detail too

Back