Mario Kart DD +warp pipe= Can i play you

Bigjake52

Wii fan Boy till the end
Jul 26, 2007
MarsBars
Wii Online Code
3449-8056-9185-4637
I just got a plug for my coube that lets me play my online game but i was reading on the net that if you have the stuff with this thing called warp pipe mariok kar can be played on the net. I thought Cool. but if you want to play pm me thanks

no it wont work wor wii. but the plug thing is the enthernet plug thing for GC

Damn Gamecube virgins...lol No GC is not Wifi

The GC has a spot on the bottom of the system that you can plug a lan adapter into, intentsions were to make online play although online play is only left to 3 american and one japaneese game. The online game is Phantasy Star episodes 1-3
But it is no longer supported for online play

however there are Lan Capable Games such as MKDD,1080 Avalanche,Kirbys air ride, ect.. that you can use two game cubes at the same time for 8 players via
2tv's
2 GC lan adapters
2'GC's
2'GC games of lan capable and same title
1 crossover cable "eaithernet cable that goes both ways"

its right in the option of these games you will get full fucionality when connected, not sure if the wii itself will work as a lan adapter for GC although i know you "Could" play the mentioned online GC games on the wii,
even so you would have to figure out how to do the tunnling program for the wii to make it work ,or use a lan adapter for the wii instead of wireless connection is my bet

also these "lan" games have there own dedicated online tunning sites... where you can take your GC and its new lan game and adapter onto the net download the tunnling software onto your computer and schedual a Lan party using tunnling software through your computer...
you can eaisly find games to play for MKDD i do it on and off no problem the others are a tad harder to find people to play

Just go here

http://warppipe.com/

And they will give you the software and know how of how to do it. read the forums figure it all out...

Last edited:
mexican18 said:
Where can you get the plug in for the GC? and is it Just the ethernet cable.

you can order it at nintendo.com still or alot of stores still keep the lan adapter in stock... and yes its just an eaithernet cable if you wanna play online... agenst other people through the tunnling program... if you want to have your own little tournamanet linking them together in one room its a little harder...

if you want to hook up 2 gamecubes at the same time not through a tunnling program or router... say you got 8 people to play MK... then you need a lan adapter for both systems,2 tv's one each system and a "crossover cable" its just a fancy eaithernet cable that sends and recieves signal... and a game obviously one for each console... this is the setup i normally use Very easy and not to complicated... and you can play 4 players on each t.v.

you can also hook them together to a router having as many as 8 people total playing on there own t.v. at a time or any number of people per t.v. using a router... also not to difficult just harder to keep the connections from messing up... and you need a game and lan adapter for each extra console you wanna hook up

The Game manual itself will tell you all the possabilities and setups for connections...
The games say if they are LAN capable or not on the back of the case top left corner... it should have a broadband sign,next to the number of players,memory block usage..ect..

Last edited:
FRuMMaGe said:
Wifi is wireless. GC doesn't have wireless, but it does have online play.

it doesnt really have "online" play the online games they did make phantasy star no longer is supported so technically it has no online games anymore.. since there are no servers.

The Games you can play are "Lan Games" these were intentionally made to play more than 4 players by linking more than one gamecube at a time in the same "area", not online...

But people have taken advantage of this and made online tunnling software to connect "billys" game cube directly to "tommys" game cube over the internet... You cant just select "play online" you have to download the software and schedual a lan party... you have to trick it to think its pluged into another GC right next to it... when its acctually over the web...

Back