(I think Toad and Dry Bones seem to be the most precious players!! ;P

My team is usually
Mario
Toad
Birdo
Dry Bones

I'm not very good...Anyone want to play a game right now? Friend Code-
468259 850529
Perhaps you can help me out a little bit by telling me what I can do better.

lenitao3 said:
nice.....i use:

Waluigi

Toad, Boo, Dry Bones

(I think Toad and Dry Bones seem to be the most precious players!! ;P

That's a fast team right there. I don't imagine that you shoot terribly well, though. Waluigi, Boo, Bones, Toad... all trick scorers. You get disconnected on much? And only Bones is a good hitter. It might be tough for you to get around a defenseman like Birdo, but if you're really good with them all, you'd be real tough to beat.

masonb15 said:
My team is usually
Mario
Toad
Birdo
Dry Bones...

Perhaps you can help me out a little bit by telling me what I can do better.

Your team seems pretty solid. What position are you playing the sidekicks in, I can't play you but I'd love to help you. What is it you're seeming to have trouble with?

Last edited:
Well my biggest problems are probably charging the ball and blocking megastrikes.
edit: I also can't figure out how to block lob passes.

Last edited:
masonb15 said:
Well my biggest problems are probably charging the ball and blocking megastrikes.
edit: I also can't figure out how to block lob passes.

Sadly I can't help you learn how to block Megastrikes, but tell me what size your TV is?

As far as charging the ball goes, it's a beautifully delicate procedure, and even the best of us get our charging passes intercepted. If you're finding that your own charging passes inside your own half of the field are getting intercepted often, start practicing chip passes. Chipping the ball charges it to the next color, and provides your character with a slight speed boost. This is also a useful technique for sneaking your character past a particularly persistent defense that's controlling your half.

Blocking lob passes is simply the wrong word. Intercepting is what you're looking for. Interceptions are part of the more intricate skills of Strikers, and I would suggest you set the computer on a level you can easily defeat in Domination, and instead of thrashing your opponent, simply practice Intercepting. Players with higher passer ratings and higher movement tend to be more talented interceptors. Just imagine instead of the opponent using a lob pass to set up one of his players, that it's your own pass! Only instead of pressing the B button to shoot the one-timer, press the A button to intercept!

It takes alot of practice but it is an essential skill. Just keep practicing!

Last edited:
BigORhyme said:
Sadly I can't help you learn how to block Megastrikes, but tell me what size your TV is?

As far as charging the ball goes, it's a beautifully delicate procedure, and even the best of us get our charging passes intercepted. If you're finding that your own charging passes inside your own half of the field are getting intercepted often, start practicing chip passes. Chipping the ball charges it to the next color, and provides your character with a slight speed boost. This is also a useful technique for sneaking your character past a particularly persistent defense that's controlling your half.

Blocking lob passes is simply the wrong word. Intercepting is what you're looking for. Interceptions are part of the more intricate skills of Strikers, and I would suggest you set the computer on a level you can easily defeat in Domination, and instead of thrashing your opponent, simply practice Intercepting. Players with higher passer ratings and higher movement tend to be more talented interceptors. Just imagine instead of the opponent using a lob pass to set up one of his players, that it's your own pass! Only instead of pressing the B button to shoot the one-timer, press the A button to intercept!

It takes alot of practice but it is an essential skill. Just keep practicing!

My TV is 32". Chip passing sounds..difficult but I'll try it out. Thanks for the Intercepting tips. That will come in handy.

My main team is
Captain: donkey kong
Sidekicks:
*Forwards:
right forward-Toad
left forward-Shy guy, or Koopa
*Defense: always Drybones

masonb15 said:
My TV is 32". Chip passing sounds..difficult but I'll try it out. Thanks for the Intercepting tips. That will come in handy.

You shouldn't be having too much trouble blocking megastrikes on a 32 incher. Maybe you're coming at a funny angle? Or maybe you just need more practice. Chipping the ball can be a tricky affair, but it can mean the difference between getting choked down in your own half by the enemy defense, succumbing to a score, or breaking out into wide open territory in their half. It's important to keep in mind that Playmakers, characters with a high movement and passer rating, chip a shorter distance, which is best when you want them to quickly regain control of the ball themselves and leave a slower character, or even a fast character in the dust.

Power and Offensive players tend to chip the ball further ahead of themselves, and despite the speed boost they take more time than Playmakers getting back to it, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. The good thing is that these slow characters can evade giving the ball up via slide tackle by chipping it ahead. The bad thing is you may accidentally chip the ball into the hands of the opposing team.

Balanced type characters with even stats chip the ball well, but when it comes to avoiding slide tackles and hits, I prefer to use their juke and break some ankles. However when you're running in open field, well, you shouldn't be... you should be chipping in open field!

If there are any characters that benefit most from the chip, it's Defensive players. They can use them to evade characters and charge the ball for a teleport in open field.

Both chipping and intercepting are techniques that'll improve your game tremendously.

wow bio very neat, u put so much effort into helping that you deserve rep here you go REPPED.

even though it wasnt aimed at me and didnt help me, its just nice to see somene helping another

Hey guys i was wondering, when using bones. how do you make his tackle with the ball go really far? cause it happens sometimes and when i try to score like that its short.

my current tournament team is:
Waluigi, HB up top, boo bottom, boo back

my alternate team is:
mario, DB up top, boo bottom, boo back

one team i designed includes:
diddy kong, and 3 moles
it relies on shutting down the opponents offense. when uses correctly, all you need is 1 goal to win. it is harder to beat than you think.

my first team was:
DK/Wario, DB top, boo bottom, boo back
but I have since found it too easy to use a power character in the center

if anyone wants matches, just PM me, or message me on AIM, Zzzfilesk1
NTSC only (north america). im not sure im allowed to give out my FC here

balrogs.pa said:
Hey guys i was wondering, when using bones. how do you make his tackle with the ball go really far? cause it happens sometimes and when i try to score like that its short.

you'll notice that the more you pass the ball around it changes colour, hence its gettin more charged. the more charged the ball is the further drybones will fake, same thing goes with waluigi, daisy etc.

my team- diddy kong, boo, hammerbros and birdo. i think its a pretty good team, although it has a weak defence..

daviduk200 said:
wow bio very neat, u put so much effort into helping that you deserve rep here you go REPPED.

even though it wasnt aimed at me and didnt help me, its just nice to see somene helping another

Thanks alot man, I really appreciate that. I'm a happy camper if my limited knowledge of the game can help someone get the same enjoyment out of it as I do.

Ness said:
you'll notice that the more you pass the ball around it changes colour, hence its gettin more charged. the more charged the ball is the further drybones will fake, same thing goes with waluigi, daisy etc.

It's very important to remember, however, that a ball can be too charged to perform a teleport technique. IE: If you're in control of a white ball and you're only a couple yards from the goalie box, instead of ending up in the goal, you'll end up above it in the electric fence. If your ball is charged up to white, remember that you actually have to be a good distance from the goal to warp it in!

Ness said:
my team- diddy kong, boo, hammerbros and birdo. i think its a pretty good team, although it has a weak defence..

I'm not sure what positions your players are in. I'm guessing that you've put Birdo on defense? While this isn't too bad of a spot for her, since her hits are great, it doesn't seem to be working out for you. So if power isn't working back there, try getting some speed instead. Switch Boo into the defense position and instead try using Birdo in the wings to throw around some weight midfield. You'll find Boo can also give a really hairy offense the slip and pass it midfield much more quickly than Birdo. It is a pretty good team.

Zzz said:
one team i designed includes:
diddy kong, and 3 moles
it relies on shutting down the opponents offense. when uses correctly, all you need is 1 goal to win. it is harder to beat than you think.

That's just crazy enough to work. You'd have to be pretty quick on your feet and pretty solid with items to score well against that team. I'm guessing that you might have to foul a little more often than I personally like to with the three Monties, but I may be totally wrong. I'll have to give them a run for the money.

@BigORhyme--my team works great for me actually, birdo is certainly not one to pass the ball around so i basically have either diddy, hammer bros or boo in possesion as much as i can. birdo's simply there because of her goal scoring ability and good hits! also, i'd like to play you sometime if its possible..i'm in australia so i dunno, still pm me with your fc or something we'll see if it works, my fc in my sig :yesnod:

I'd love to play you man, but I can't for two reasons: I think that since I'm in North America we might not be able to play, although maybe with the FC we can. And most importantly, for some reason I can't play Strikers online. I'm hoping the rectify the situation shortly with a lan adapter or Wi-Fi connector when I get some bonus cash.

Also I tried out that 3 Monties team and found that a persistent offense can open themselves up to a few more scoring opportunities than the Monty team can, and adding another playmaker in the defense position greatly improves the offense, while not taking too much from the defense.

Back