Marvel done doing 'crappy' movie-based games

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
"We're done," said Marvel Executive VP of Global Digital Media Group, Ira Rubenstein, in talking about movie-based games. Hold up, he meant "crappy" movie-based games. To quote in full:

We are not doing movie-based games anymore. Actually, wait... we are not doing crappy movie-based games anymore. You can quote me on that.

Of course they're still welcoming game-movie tie-ups; that's where the cash cow is. What he was saying was that while these are most welcome, he believes that the stories of the characters shouldn't be so far off the original story anymore.

Putting it into context, he used X-Men Origins: Wolverine as an example of what Marvel would like to do some more. Although the video game and the movie were tied up, the stories were clearly not mirrors of each other, as the movie was a PG-13 while the game was M-rated.

Among those lined up from Marvel for future tie-up releases would be Iron Man 2 and the new Thor game.

Overall, I guess that's good news for everyone.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Marvel-done-doing-crappy-movie-based-games/pg/49/aid/134016

Well It's about time they got sick of it. It is not good for the brand to keep spewing out this crap.

I think is a good decision, they need to improve the script of the marvel caracters.
What the people and the fan of the comics want to see in a movie?. A very well and fresh History!!

Now, if Marvel can deliver to the Wii the "Comics Channel" as they did with the PSP. The Wii owners will enjoy the best Comics of their favorite Marvel caracters, I personally want to see the complete "Marvel Civil War" and "The Dead of Hulk" chapters.

I talk to you famous Stan Lee!!

I think is a good decision, they need to improve the script of the marvel caracters.
What the people and the fan of the comics want to see in a movie?. A very well and fresh History!!

Now, if Marvel can deliver to the Wii the "Comics Channel" as they did with the PSP. The Wii owners will enjoy the best Comics of their favorite Marvel caracters, I personally want to see the complete "Marvel Civil War" and "The Dead of Hulk" chapters.

I talk to you famous Stan Lee!!

nice a comic channel, get my garfield fix 24/7 hehe

Give me Punisher and Marvel Zombies naow!

Back