Status
Not open for further replies.

nickz2112

WiiChat Member
May 12, 2007
cleveland
Wii Online Code
7171-0126-0181-9068
is it possible that there could be a wiiware download available that would act like a windows media player? allowing you to watch dvd's and listen to cd's on the wii. i would easily dish out some wii points for this feature. i don't know if the wii internal hardware is capable of something like this though.

I'm guessing that it is possible, that is if the DVD drive can be software controlled to read common discs (Wii and GC discs are read backwards, from the outside in, rim to hub, unlike a normal CD DVD which is inside out, or hub to rim), I believe the laser mechanisim (<spelling?) has to be software controlled at some point (at least firmware controlled, still upgradable), and since there usually is a system update before the install of a Wii Ware channel, that is always possible.

Being that it may be possible, I really don't think Nintendo is going to do that, now they could do like an internet radio thing or, like the 360's live, they could have music and video downloads, if Nintendo wanted to add a DVD/CD player to the Wii, they could of done it already, but I think I heard somewhere that they are planning that for a future Wii that they will charge more money for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back