Memory

Yes, that's how Wiiware and Virtual Console games are stored. Either on an SD card or the internal memory.

Well if that's the case, then not legally.

weeeeeeell that doesn't necessarily make it illegal. If i take one of my games and rip it on my computer and put it on my SD card, that's totally legal. i have no reason for having two copies of the same game anyway. But obviously, if you can do this, then you'll be downloading rips of the net.

weeeeeeell that doesn't necessarily make it illegal. If i take one of my games and rip it on my computer and put it on my SD card, that's totally legal. i have no reason for having two copies of the same game anyway. But obviously, if you can do this, then you'll be downloading rips of the net.

No it's not. Whenever you buy a CD, DVD, video game, etc., you have bought that copy. If you copy what is held on that disc, SD Card, cassette, etc., to anything, you are in fact committing copyright infringement, an illegal activity.

However to make that backup of the DVD, you have to crack the copyright protection, which is against the law (according to the DCMA).

However to make that backup of the DVD, you have to crack the copyright protection, which is against the law (according to the DCMA).

ahh i see. that's weak. you own it, but don't own it??
only in America.

Back