Metroid ________: You decide its fate!

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Alright, so we all know that Metroid Prime is a trilogy. That means it is made up of three games, of which Corruption is the last. Answer as many or as few questions as you like about the NEXT series for Metroid. You can also add additional comments that dont necessarily pertain to the question.

1. What do you think the next Metroid series should be called?
2. Should it be first person or third person perspective?
3. Where should it fit in with the rest of the games?
4. Should the storyline involve Kraid or the Mother Brain?
5. Do you think this series should go online?
6. What do you want in this series that wasn't in Prime (eg weapons, visors, storylines, enemies, modes, etc.)
7. What do you NOT want in this series that WAS in Prime?
8. And finally: There were two metroid games on Gamecube, do you think they should shoot to put out two Metroid games on the wii? Or do you think they should take their time developing this new series, making the storyline more developed and perhaps adding online capabilities, which would mean just one metroid title on Wii and the following installment on Nintendo's next console.

Metroid: Gauntlet!
It would be a Wiiware game(downloadable only)
It would be online only!
You could level up and customize your character.
First Person View
You could win new blasters, projectiles, powerups, and sheilds as you get your rank up.
You can start clans and have wars with up to 32 people.
You could also unlock online minigames like mii target practice(in which you would shoot the very miis that you create)
You can have a custom character, but in the act of a quick game you can choose from a default list of hunters(Samus, Trace, Noxus, etc)
Wiimote aiming
Nunchuck movement
Maybe you could even download new levels and equipment from the Wii Shop!

Whaddoya think?!

Well I'm not even going to bother looking at those questions.

I think the next Metroid game should get rid of the annoying as hell backtracking unless they actually can somehow make it fun and not annoyingly tedious.

It should also be a 3rd person shooter/platformer much like Ratchet and Clank, that'd be so awesome.

And not made by Retro Studios, they're good at creating a great feel and environments for the series, but in every other department they suck more than rock.

Last edited:
Metroid MMO

different classes are bounty hunters, you can go to different planets, raid Space Pirate bases, level up, get new armor, new weapons.....

now that i think of it, a Metroid MMO seems to fit perfectly. should happen a few years after Super Metroid, when Samus is retired, would help the transistion greatly.

I'm not answering anything that's written in the form of a quiz! :O

If they make another metroid they should keep it first person (Every third person shooter I've ever played in 3D has looked much, much cooler than it actually was. Infact, 3rd person shooters blow.) and it should have a new main character. I love Samus, but she's been through *alot* and characters need to be changed up now and then.

Same basic principle of exploring and collecting, maybe a little less backtracking and some snazzier weapons. And I don't mean just the ability to jump while in morphball form.

I'll take the unpopular stance of saying I don't like metroid being online, I have a dozen great shooters on XBox and PC, and at best metroid is a mediocre shooter. Samus never pwned any one then teabagged them, I don't think the series is really hungry for that aspect. I agree that Wii does need a good online shooter, this just isn't the franchise for it.

Okay, reading through this reply it sounds like I'm ragging on prime. I'm a total metroid fanboy and they could take the Final Fantasy approach of pooping in a box, call it Metroid Prime XII and I'd pay $69.99 for the collector's edition.

Back