Metroid Prime 3: Corruption In 2008?

As long as the game has a good structure, then I'm willing to wait the time.

How are they going to make it better it already has Muliplayer? I can now see why Mario Galxy was delayed becuase they added 2 player but why Metriod?

JerrodDRagon said:
How are they going to make it better it already has Muliplayer? I can now see why Mario Galxy was delayed becuase they added 2 player but why Metriod?

There can be any number of technically issues that cause delays when programming anything. Don't assume that a delay is because someone wanted to add a new feature to an otherwise completely finished game.

I imagine they want to get the control scheme perfect for one. MP3 will most likely setup what will become the defacto standard for FPS game player control. They need a provide fast, but not jumpy cross-hair for aiming, the correct sensitivity for turning and everything else. The Wii provides excellent opportunity for great game control but someone has to program it right.

I find the cross-haris in Zelda TP to be a little too slow and the dead zone is too big. Oddly enough, the "cross-hairs" in the News Channel is closer to perfect to me. It's not jumpy but is very responsive. The "cross-hairs" on the Wii menu are entirely too jump and twitchy to be useful in a FPS.

I will gladly wait for MP3 (partly because I have MP2 to finish yet) if it means improved play control, story development and everything else. Someone quipped that Sonic was created so quickly but don't forget the scope of Sonic is entirely different than say Metroid. In Metroid, the developers need to be careful that each item opens up new areas and that you cannot access items out of order. While sequence breaking is fun, it ruins the linearity of the game as well as the story.

The Nintendo-Europe Website still lists Metroid Prime in the "Also to be released in 2007" list. Who do you want to trust? Nintendo or Best Buy?

Last edited:
Secumfex said:
The Nintendo-Europe Website still lists Metroid Prime in the "Also to be released in 2007" list. Who do you want to trust? Nintendo or Best Buy?

I'd trust Nintendo but Best Buy has never let me down.

It's not cheap to send out fliers to everyone who has pre-ordered. It takes some effort and I don't think Best Buy would do something like that without some reason to. As long as some good games come out before then, I don't see anything wrong with waiting.

Skorp said:
It's not cheap to send out fliers to everyone who has pre-ordered. It takes some effort and I don't think Best Buy would do something like that without some reason to. As long as some good games come out before then, I don't see anything wrong with waiting.

It was just an email. Most likely auto-generated when the date in their inventory was changed.

well, that's what we are discussing.

Back