Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

phimuajedi69

WiiChat Member
May 9, 2006
NC/SC, US
logo_metroid.png

metroid_feature.png

Just wanted to put this thread out here, its prolly the game i'm most excited about....

If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. Take aim at evil with Nintendo's revolutionary controller. Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the pointer, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. Through the eyes of Samus, players experience a quantum leap in first-person control as they wield the Wii Remote, the ultimate device for the first-person shooter genre. Samus will employ well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as a bunch of new surprises, to help her survive her coming trials. Saving the planets from Corruption isn't enough, though. Eventually, players must take down Samus' mortal enemy, Dark Samus.

Always been a fan of the Metroid series and i was very pleased when i read the confirmation for the Wii.

Hopefully it'll make an appearance at E3 in some shape or form :)

Im sorry guys but I really dont care for Metroid. I played Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and I found it to be very boring...So boring that I took it back. Thats just my opinion though.

^--- thats cool, to each their own

metroid is a bit different from the typical platformer it has the puzzle solving and action but those puzzles just keep getting bigger and harder to solve making more of a long mystery than a play a couple levels at a time kinda platformer

Hey, do any of you guys know is you can manipulate the camera in this; like a normal fps? And if not in this, do you think Wii will be able to do it in other games?

^-- not sure what you mean by 'like a normal fps'...

i'm assuming that the camera will follow where the wiimote(thus the gun arm) is pointed (which is like every fps i've played, never changed the camera other than by aiming)

The metroid games are awsome and had a very different style of gameplay on the GCN.
The only thing that is a let down is lack of multiplayer in metroid prime 3.
I thought they could of had the bounty hunters in Metroid prime hunters as characters but is still looking awsome.

Seriousy and all the new things coming in the new game, from the controls and the new weapons, it's going to rock.

I thought Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were great, so I'm looking forward to this. One thing I'm wondering about- could you move Samus about with the Wiimote while in morph ball mode?

Napalmbrain said:
I thought Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were great, so I'm looking forward to this. One thing I'm wondering about- could you move Samus about with the Wiimote while in morph ball mode?

I don't see how that's possible. Have you seen the video? The guy rolling up and stuff? If they incorporate that into the game, that'd be SO awesome.

Im looking forward to this one :D tho i did not get into the gamecube ones, it was too hard to go back to only one joystick after playing halo for so many years, but the ds version is awesome so im excited

Back