Metroid

Shoko

The Shoke
Mar 30, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Wii Online Code
5295-8320-2788-9441
anyone have any new news on MP3? (other than the release date) has anyone found anything that gives at least a hint of online play? man, if it dosent have online im gonna be pissed. but i got another idea; If Metroid 3 isn't going to be online, then they could make a Metroid Prime Hunters Wii and make that online. and wouldn't it be awesome if metroid was a 3rd person shooter? u would be able to do flips and crap and tap off walls. that would be awesome.

I ABSOLUTLEY CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME it is going to be my absolute all time favorite game ever! i can tell already! i loved both of the other Metroids, and i cant waaaaaiiiitttt the new phazon feature thing sounds amazing!

when is the release date?

how 2 get a free nintendo wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2get a free wii click here follow this link-http://Wii.Giveaway.co.uk/index.php?referral=414443 &on the offers page choose love film then wen ur dvd arrives send it back&cancel ur account therefore u hav paid nothing.

I heard that there will not be any online play. that really sucks. so now ima proly rent. i still got metroid hunters tho

Battles said:
I heard that there will not be any online play. that really sucks. so now ima proly rent. i still got metroid hunters tho
It's true, at this point there won't be any surprises.

TBD Players: 1 Publisher: Nintendo

Genre: First-Person Adventure
If you think you knew what it felt like to be the bounty hunter behind the visor, think again. The Galactic Federation's network computer, Aurora Unit, is suddenly and completely corrupted with something like a virus. The Federation believes Space Pirates may be behind the problem and are soon attacked. Samus and other hunters leap to their defense only to find that the enemy they face is Dark Samus, armed with immense power that no one can withstand.

• First-Person Perfect: Players control Samus by moving with the Nunchuk controller and aiming with the Wii Remote controller, allowing for a level of immersion unlike anything they have ever experienced. It's a quantum leap in first-person control.
• Wonderful Weapons: Samus employs well-known power-ups like the Grapple Beam and Morph Ball, as well as new surprises, to help her survive. Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers, players will be able to grasp and pull things by using actual arm movements, as well as execute amazing feats like aiming and blasting in midair or at a full run.
• Phazon's Powers: The game also incorporates a new system involving Phazon. If you fill Samus' Phazon supply to a certain level, Samus will temporarily go into hyper mode, a state in which she can pull off incredible feats. On the flip side, if she exceeds the maximum Phazon level, she'll perish. Also, for the first time in the Metroid series, Samus' ship will be used in active game play.

ok...well you guys are lame. i mean there wasnt even the possibility of the first 2 being online, and no one complained.

and now that there was the possibility of it being online, everyones like oh its not online, not worth it for me...LAMEEEEEE.

Im still holding onto a thread of hope. Ya know, all they said was that there would be no MULTIPLAYER, that doesnt mean no online, right? Also, all of the huge online titles (halo, gears, etc) say 1 or 2 players, yet they are certainly online.

blankconnection said:
I dont think Metroid would be awesome as a 3rd person shooter, sorry.

I had read that Metroid Prime (the first) was originally being made as a 3rd person adventure, then *someone* or *some company* was added to the development mix & they scrapped most of what they had done (which I believe was still in the early stages) to have it re-made as first person...

Being the original Metroid Prime scores as the 3rd best game of all time (via gamerankings.com which averages out scores from several different ranking sites), it's a formula that they wouldn't want to mess with...

Based on interviews I've read, they seem to indicate it will have multi-player but it will not be the same as MP2... My (unlikely) hope is that they will have a cooperative mode, allowing someone else to control one of the other hunters. However, the odds of this are probably significantly less than that of winning the lottery... But one can dream...

Essentially the game would have to be stacked to allow full independant game play for each available hunter, with items mixed to be both shared between some/all available hunters, and others to be beneficial only to individual hunters. So, for instance, defeating a boss would give the ice beam which both players can/must use, but defeating another boss would give missiles, which only Samus could use. If one player was ahead of the other & defeated the ice beam guarding boss, the other player would simply pick up the upgrade upon reaching that area and would not have to defeat the boss. Inversely, to prevent one of the players from moving so far ahead of the other (that they may as well not be there), certain obsticles, doors, or bosses could be re-worked in multi-player mode to require both players to be there in order to pass. So when one player falls behind, the other player may be forced to go back and assist them to get them caught up... For example, one boss which can only be reached with a high jump could be set up to be unbeatable by only one player, so the other player would be forced to wait or go back & help the other player reach their high jump equivalent... Inversely to that, there may also be certain bosses only reachable by specific players, so that one player may not ever be able to reach a certain boss. Of course this, however, would probably end up creating a separate problem where one player is on a boss which requires both players to defeat, but the other player is stuck on an earlier boss that only they have access to, but must be defeated for that player to catch up to the other. This would force the player further along to simply stand around until the other player manages to defeat their boss independently...

Anyway, it would make for an interesting alternate method of play assuming the kinks could be worked out... But then again it would never happen in a million years...

Last edited:
Back