Michael Vick to be Removed from Madden 08

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
EA Sports Tiburon studio has confirmed to The Wiire that a forthcoming roster update will remove Michael Vick from Madden NFL 08.

Vick, the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback who plead guilty to federal charges stemming from his involvement in a dogfighting operation today, was included on the Falcons' roster for the game's August 14 release, despite the ongoing investigation that prevented him from appearing at training camp. The roster update is a mandatory download for anyone who wants to play online.

A favorite among Madden players for his dynamic scoring ability as a passer and as a rusher in the open field, Vick had an overall player rating of 90 and the Player Weapons of Speed QB and Cannon Arm QB. The roster update will render Vick an unplayable character during online play. Offline players can always restore the game to its default rosters, but the updated ones must be used online.

If this is true, I am not really all that surprised. Do you have a source?

On a side note, I bet Joe Horn feels pretty stupid right about now.

Aww man! I picked the falcons for wmfl... No way I can use Harrington. I'm boned.

yea sucks to be him.. but wtf.. Making millions! and still does dog fighting!? WTF. Give me half of his salary and I'll be happy. People are just never happy enough.. it disgusts me.

Drowning dogs or hanging them if they lose, murdering dogs cause they lose a dog fight forced apon them.

Can anyone finish this for me...

"He deserves it because hes a no good lousy peice of _ _ _ _"

Ronald said:
Drowning dogs or hanging them if they lose, murdering dogs cause they lose a dog fight forced apon them.

Can anyone finish this for me...

"He deserves it because hes a no good lousy peice of _ _ _ _"
Chicken?

Although I have no respect for him as a human being nor as a player, he is always a blast to play with on Madden just to scramble the bejesus out of your opponents. But oh well

All dog issues aside....I'm glad he's not in the game. Its so unrealistic and just shows you how the "media" (I mean like ESPN etc..) kisses his ass and worships him. Have you ever seen Mike Vick run backwards and throw while turning 180 degrees for 90 yards? Well, I see that BS every time some trendy MFer uses the Falcons, but you have never seen that in real life.....like a running backwards hook shot over his head, with his wrong hand probably, for 99 yards? so stupid and unrealistic. However, they make Fred Taylor, a future hall of fame running back with 10,000 yards, not be able to run up the middle for more than 1 yard, because he isnt popular.....he's not on enough soup commercials.

Mike Vick's balls should be smashed with a sledge hammer, gallagher style.

Doesnt suprise me. I thought they would leave him in the game though they left Ricky Williams and Quincy Carter when they tested positive for pot. And Players that are on trial for worst effences like Pac Man JOnes, Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, anf that line men from chicago too. But what Micheal Vick did is so inhuman and so closely watched by the media that it was just a good idea to do it.

actually, I just realized the point of this thread is moot because they always update the rosters online......if you get a guy with a season ending injury and they update the game, chances are he wont be on your team, and trades, etc,....so, none of this is new b/c he's not playing all year.....

I played a guy the other day and Culpepper was still on the dolphins, but that will change at the beggining of the regular season.

and rep to PinkFloyd for representing Tom goes to the mayor........

As reported on Monday, EA Sports has confirmed that a forthcoming roster update will remove Michael Vick from Madden NFL 08. Today, The Wiire learned that the roster update will be released on September 6th, the same day that the 2007 NFL regular season begins.

Vick, the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback who pled guilty to federal charges stemming from his involvement in a dogfighting operation Monday, was included on the Falcons' roster for the game's August 14 release, despite the ongoing investigation that prevented him from appearing at training camp. The roster update is a mandatory download for anyone who wants to play online.

A favorite among Madden players for his dynamic scoring ability as a passer and as a rusher in the open field, Vick had an overall player rating of 90 and the Player Weapons of Speed QB and Cannon Arm QB. The roster update will render Vick an unplayable character during online play. Offline players can always restore the game to its default rosters, but the updated ones must be used online.

Back