Mii channel potential yet to be discovered

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
In a report by news agency Reuters, Nintendo of America's Senior Vice President of Marketing George Harrison discussed the future potential of Mii avatars and their involvement in future Wii software.

Harrison said he expects more Mii-compatible software to show in the middle of next year as third-party publishers look into making Mii creation tools available. "It's true potential isn't even known yet," stated Harrison.

Apparently the Miis also have the potential for interconnectedness between hardware and software, allowing the pesonalized avatars to be included in Wii games. The first two titles to support a Mii presence are Wii Sports - bundled with the console in every territory except Japan at launch - and WarioWare: Smooth Moves, which is expected to make Japan's December 2 launch and arrive stateside in January 2007.

Read the full article here: http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

i0n said:
In a report by news agency Reuters, Nintendo of America's Senior Vice President of Marketing George Harrison discussed the future potential of Mii avatars and their involvement in future Wii software.

Harrison said he expects more Mii-compatible software to show in the middle of next year as third-party publishers look into making Mii creation tools available. "It's true potential isn't even known yet," stated Harrison.

Apparently the Miis also have the potential for interconnectedness between hardware and software, allowing the pesonalized avatars to be included in Wii games. The first two titles to support a Mii presence are Wii Sports - bundled with the console in every territory except Japan at launch - and WarioWare: Smooth Moves, which is expected to make Japan's December 2 launch and arrive stateside in January 2007.

Read the full article here: http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

Kool, how come japan isnt getting wii sports what they getting instead?...

and what else does this mean the mii's are gona be used for?

Japan are getting it cheaper.

I would like to see a sort of animal crossing/ the sims game based on your mii's. Especially over connect24, you could visit each others towns, and see other mii's that you or others have created walking about.

Hmmmmm i would like to see them on animal crossing and like you said but i wouldnt like the 'look' of them they would need to be better!

I agree, but i didnt mean for them to be IN animal crossing; just a sim game similar to animal crossing. Perhaps the game could include some sort of additional progrmming to make them more detailed?

Ye i was jus sorta thinking that use the basic characteristics u choose and then make it into something more detailed!

Yes i shall create an army of Mii's which ran terror all across the land mwahaha!!
I mean this is good new for nintendo :shifty:

I wonder how many miis the console can hold? It would be really good to be able to create all of your family, friends, neighbours, celebrities etc. Im also hoping you can give your mii's accesories. Just basic hats and more detalied clothes etc. All ive seen is where your top half is your favorite colour. looks kind of...odd.

Flip said:
There needs to be a Lemmings game using Mii's. Now that'd be awesome.

Kool, it would deffinatly work no telling.....

Im gona make up loads, i always have a bank of names i love and i will use lol i duno why i will do it im random like that ^_^

I think it'd be nice if there was a "Mii" game, similar to animal crossing in terms of how unique each person's game is, (because the whole point of the Miis is that the are unique and customizable) but with a storyline, so that your Mii can develop a bit of history and have a story.

Nathan said:
You can hold 10 or 20 mii's (something like that) on the wiimote, and about 100 mii's on the wii system. I read it in the interviews on the official wii site.

Only 100 Mii's? That doesn't add up. If you can hold 20 Mii's on 4K's of memory, how could you say only a 100 on 512Mb of memory? It would be ALOT more.

Back