Minutes To Midnight

ssbb_lover

Novocain Stain'd
Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
Alright, so about every person that knows what music is knows that Linkin Park is a band, a popular one on top of that. Whether you hate em' or love em', you know em' and have to live with em'.

So, I want to hear people's personal opinions on their new album that debuted today, "Minutes To Midnight".

I, for one, was very disappointed. When I heard they were straying away from their nu-metal screaming stuff (I also heard that the lead singer was actually SINGING throughout the whole album), I was like, "NICE! Something new, this should be great."

No where in this album, and I mean no where, is there a climax like in their previous albums. It's all very soft stuff, especially from LP. What I was hoping for was basically "Hybrid Theory" with not as much screaming and better drums...not even close.

This is their worst album by far IMO (instrumentally and lyrically). So, without further delay, voice your opinions.

JUST OBEY BY THE RULES AS FOLLOWS:

- DO NOT say **** like "Oh, what a 12 year old band, my GAWD you stupid n00bs." I don't mind if you explain why you don't like them, i'm not biased, just don't spout **** you can't back up

- NO flaming of other people's music tastes

- THIS IS a thread for debating and discussing, you don't just have to say "Ya, I thought it was good/bad." EXPLAIN your reason well.

I rather like Linkin Park, haven't heard anything from this new album though, so I'm guessing you're saying it's not worth the buy in your opinion?

Like if someone liked all their usual stuff then this is too different?

Linkin Park was a great band, but with this album I just don't know what to say anymore...

Meteora was their best album IMO, and I though that they were going to keep it's music style in this new album, turns out the album has nothing to do with the previous albuns.

I feel like LP has gone...

surfinrach90 said:
I rather like Linkin Park, haven't heard anything from this new album though, so I'm guessing you're saying it's not worth the buy in your opinion?

Like if someone liked all their usual stuff then this is too different?
One of my favorite posters. :)

I'm torn what to tell you! I think you should buy their new album to get your voice on this as a fellow LP lova, but I don't want you to waste your money if you'll end up not liking it.

Grr...i'm going to suggest you to BUY IT. Only because I want to hear what you have to say, but honestly Rach, if you don't have the extra cash, it's not a must buy.

Thanks for that =]

I might just find a couple of their songs online, if I like what I hear then I'll get it, but of not then I'll leave it,

Thanks for the advice :D

demonflair said:
Linkin Park was a great band, but with this album I just don't know what to say anymore...

Meteora was their best album IMO, and I though that they were going to keep it's music style in this new album, turns out the album has nothing to do with the previous albuns.

I feel like LP has gone...
YES.

I think you'll agree with me hear, there's only one song on there that's ok at best. "Given Up".

The Live version of "What I've Done" is a lot better than the recorded version too IMO.

surfinrach90 said:
Thanks for that =]

I might just find a couple of their songs online, if I like what I hear then I'll get it, but of not then I'll leave it,

Thanks for the advice :D
You're very much welcome. :) The best songs on there are "Given Up", "What I've Done (Live)", and "Shadow of the Day"....unfortunately.

great band.com:lol:

i tend to listen to 'numb' over and over again...

shame about the album

Cpt.McCloud said:

shame about the album
Quite a shame. :( I had a high anticipation for it which has been killed now. I thought this was going to be an amazing album (and I haven't had heard one in a while now).

Cpt.McCloud said:

shame about the album

Numb is one of my favourite songs from them.

But when they did that remix with Jay-Z it all went down...

demonflair said:

O GAWD, don't get me started. Jay-Z is such a loser, when he joined up with LP I was like, "What the hell were they thinking?"

demonflair said:

'ive become so - encore do you want more - numb'

i didnt mind it

ssbb_lover said:
O GAWD, don't get me started. Jay-Z is such a loser, when he joined up with LP I was like, "What the hell were they thinking?"

I think that this album shows what they were doing in last years, which was lame...

Jay-Z is a rapper, and LP is a PoP Rock band, you can't mix both things, or else you will be screwed!!! :yikes:

demonflair said:
I think that this album shows what they were doing in last years, which was lame...

Jay-Z is a rapper, and LP is a PoP Rock band, you can't mix both things, or else you will be screwed!!! :yikes:
Heh, obviously from the results. :/

i feel let down...

i shall not buy new album

Back