mirror glitch for wii sports

dja11101995

I am the Time Alpaca
Sep 4, 2006
usa
Wii Online Code
1546-5969-3316-1944
you can do this by :using duct tape or something strong, place a mirror next to your sensor bar (facing you, with a slight tilt towards you). Then place a mirrior (on a table or something) in front of you, facing the tv. It essentially doubles any motion you make. However, this doubling is so fast, that the Wii recognizes it as one motion. So a pitch of 100 would go to 200 mph. However, there seems to be a software issue with Wii sports, that MORE than doubles the value. Thus, my pitches that are usually 90, end up in the 230s usually. (only for pitching on baseball)

How the hell does someone come up with this stuff? What would possess them to put a mirror in front of the sensor bar? :scared:

ummmmm well u get drunk and u turn on the Wii with its pretty light and BOOM INSTANT STUPIDITY!!

I really hope nobody reads this and believes it to be true.
IF however you do, try to remember folks that the sensor bar only tracks pointing (i.e. choosing menus in wiisports, or aiming the bow in Zelda).
If you don't believe me, start up any game in wii sports, and unplug your sensor bar.

zerboxx said:
I really hope nobody reads this and believes it to be true.
IF however you do, try to remember folks that the sensor bar only tracks pointing (i.e. choosing menus in wiisports, or aiming the bow in Zelda).
If you don't believe me, start up any game in wii sports, and unplug your sensor bar.

have u tried it? NO! its just like a remote sensor on a tv u can throw the beam around like with anything reflective... so yes unless u try it you wouldn't know....

MorningStar said:
have u tried it? NO! its just like a remote sensor on a tv u can throw the beam around like with anything reflective... so yes unless u try it you wouldn't know....
you're tv remote sensor doesn't sense motion, just button clicks.
so you kinda just proved the argument against you right, thanks.

Sensor bar

The sensor bar doesn't actually sense anything, it merely puts out a infared pulse. The wiimote senses this infared field and moves the pointer according to its relative position. This is why candles placed infront of your TV allow you to play with the "sensor bar" unplugged. The sensor bar sends no signals to the Wii, that cord is merely to power the infared beacons.

Xanthan said:
The sensor bar doesn't actually sense anything, it merely puts out a infared pulse. The wiimote senses this infared field and moves the pointer according to its relative position. This is why candles placed infront of your TV allow you to play with the "sensor bar" unplugged. The sensor bar sends no signals to the Wii, that cord is merely to power the infared beacons.

true story

Also, pitching in no way uses the infrared beacons. It uses the accelerometers in the Wiimote, and no amount of mirrors would affect them.

Back