MLB.TV on Wii

greener255

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
I'll first admit that I have not used the new version of the internet feature on the Wii, but had trouble watching videos in the "trial version," in that, none of them worked.

My broad question (and I saw one post with no replies) is whether one can watch streaming video on the Wii Internet Channel? Specfically, I suppose my cheap a$$ is trying to avoid buying the $160 MLB package offered by the cable companies/satelitte providers, as I already have purchased the internet version ($80 for the year, to listen to the day games around the league to get me through slow work afternoons).

My revalation is that I can access my account through the Wii's Internet Channel, and watch the games on the big screen, as opposed to on the Laptop, which will not happen. I am not very computer savvy, so I'm sure there is some way to connect my lap top to the TV, but do not see the point in spending additional money on cables, etc.

So, does anyone know if this will work? Sorry for all you overseas individuals that probably don't care about Baseball, but figured this could be useful for some similar situations in other sports...

In summary, I will need to access www.mlb.com, click on a game, type in my user name and password, and be able to watch video...

Thanks to all!

hmm, was wondering the same thing. you can access pretty much all other sites with streaming video (i won't mention for fear of being banned) but this is interesting. ill look into it and get back to you.

i just tried mlb.tv on both the pc and the wii,i could watch a demo on the pc but it was not available through the wii,so i would say no to your question.

Excerpts taken directly from the nintendo.com support pages

The Internet Channel will display video in Flash, version 7 or earlier. All other video types, such as QuickTime (.avi) and Windows Media Video (.wmv) will not display. Flash movies made in a version of Flash higher than 7 will not play.

The Internet Channel supports several Web applications and file types, such as .gif and .jpg images, as well as JavaScript. Please note that it does not support .PDF documents or Java applets.

Back