mod chips and fandom (NINTENDO FANS ONLY PLEASE)

Wiitendo

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Mushroom kingdom :P
Hey i bin wondering all these great things with a supposive future wii mod chip, would it break us hard core nintendo fan's fandom and support to nintendo to get a mod chip? i mean in the long run it will promote getting the wii won't it? post your views and comments.

-until just recently i bin 150% aginced mod chips.

no, a real fan likes to play games from all over the world made by many developers but nintendo put region locking on so some of the fans aka me are getting one just so i can play imported games.

Last edited:
buying a wii to mod doesn't make nintendo money. the point of a mod chip, for most people, is to play bootleg games. nintendo, sony, microsoft, do not make money on the console, they make it in software. if you don't buy the games, they don't make money. there are other uses for mod chips, but in the end, more piracy is done with them than playing region free games, or homebrew.

dvdronn said:
buying a wii to mod doesn't make nintendo money. the point of a mod chip, for most people, is to play bootleg games. nintendo, sony, microsoft, do not make money on the console, they make it in software. if you don't buy the games, they don't make money. there are other uses for mod chips, but in the end, more piracy is done with them than playing region free games, or homebrew.

I don't agree with game piracy, but Nintendo do make a profit on the console. Sony and MS however do not.

Wiitendo said:
Hey i bin wondering all these great things with a supposive future wii mod chip, would it break us hard core nintendo fan's fandom and support to nintendo to get a mod chip? i mean in the long run it will promote getting the wii won't it? post your views and comments.

-until just recently i bin 150% aginced mod chips.
I have no idea what the bolded text means.

"until just recently, I've been 150% against mod chips."

...come on, you're on these forums and still aren't fluent in retard?

I took retard as a second language! XD

I modded my PS2, and being able to download, burn and play games is awesome. But I won't do it to my Wii, and if I do, it won't be until 2 or more years from now.

I would've done it to my GC, but that was just too much work. I'm afraid of soldering because I have really shakey hands and I don't want to break anything...

I see, so according to half of you who did NOT flame/spam its a good idea NOT to get a mod chip

Btw, Nintendo is the only company that makes games. Sony and microsoft buy em out. (except for the famous paperclip in word. -RDJ-)

JHoersten2 said:
"until just recently, I've been 150% against mod chips."

...come on, you're on these forums and still aren't fluent in retard?
I guess I need to study harder :frown2:

My wii isn't online, so I might get one for Japanese games. Ninty should have let the wii play Jap and normal games but not any others. Like if you live in US, play us and jap games or UK play pal and Jap. That way, you wouldn't risk people in Aus and UK importing US stuff released earlier but you can play games that are only released in Japan.

Brawny said:
My wii isn't online, so I might get one for Japanese games. Ninty should have let the wii play Jap and normal games but not any others. Like if you live in US, play us and jap games or UK play pal and Jap. That way, you wouldn't risk people in Aus and UK importing US stuff released earlier but you can play games that are only released in Japan.

Nintendo Europe should sort themselves out and stop releasing things late, releasing inferior versions, start releasing games which are currently not available. If they released games in a timely manner there would be no problem with imports. Don't get me started on 50hz virtual console games. I owned a US snes and know how the game should run.

maybe i'm being naive (sp??) but i was just wondering what games there are out there that you cannot play on your wii because of region locking??

Ha ha ha, all the people in UK and Aus have to suffer while everything is released in US like 6 months earlier and it is the exact same game. (pretty sure at least. Is there localization to english like ello, mate, and sweet brit accents on voicovers?)

Back