Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
Last edited:
Will be picking up my copy from Amazon. Traded in some games to take advantage of the $50 Trade-In/Get 50% Off. Added with the current ECA 10% discount and the $10 video games credit you get for purchasing MW2, it'll bring the game price down to roughly to $22 for the hardened edition.

Prestige edition is the exact same thing as Hardened, it's just the Prestige has the night vision goggles....which really isn't enough motivation for me to buy the darn thing.

yeah, the goggles are definately cool but for 149.99 id rather just get the hardened. im really liking the box art on it.

Most definitely. The boxart for the hardened and prestige edition looks a lot between than the original.

Well you know you guys cant moan about price.

us in the UK we are getting charge £54 for the standard edition, our game prices are getting hiked up.

games on average come out at around £40. this winter we are gount up by £10

so for now on the average price of games in the UK is going to be around $110. this is severely unfair IMO.

never mind the fact the awesome looking Prestige edition will be around. $250 dollars in UK. this is so unfair, and i just think not many people in Uk will afford to be gamers anymore. i think game industry in uk might drop a fair bit over the next year

^ Yeah definitely.

I don't think I've payed £50 or more for a game since the N64. The thing is, that's the RRP set by Activision, so we'll have to see what the shops charge, and more importantly, online.

ShopTo.net, which is where I always check for prices and often by my games, will be selling the standard edition of MW2 for £42.99, and the Hardened edition will be £69.99.

I'm sure you know HMV is the only place selling the Prestige edition, which will be £120, but that isn't too bad really since prices are usually the same in pounds as it is in dollars, so I was expecting it to be £150. We're still paying more, but then, we always have!

On a side note, I am tempted by the NVGs, but I doubt I can afford that =(

omg. $110 for a game is absolutely rediculous. i thought $60 was insane. part of the reason i wanted a gaming pc was that games are 10 dollars cheaper some times more. and the value of a pc game goes down a lot faster for example mercs 2 was 9.99 for pc when it was still like 30 for xbox.

it just infuriates me.

and no i wasnt aware hmv were the only place selling prestige, edition.

i think ill get prestige if i manage to get a job by then if not, then its hardened for me. god its soo unfair. and yeah last time i paid £50 for a game was perfect dark on N64

wow i dont think i would pay $110 for any game....
Now i feel "Cheap" for thinking $60 dollars is way 2 much for a game

it just infuriates me.

and no i wasnt aware hmv were the only place selling prestige, edition.

i think ill get prestige if i manage to get a job by then if not, then its hardened for me. god its soo unfair. and yeah last time i paid £50 for a game was perfect dark on N64

I know it annoys me as well. But yeah, HMV are the only place, must have done well to get that like. I think I'll do the same - if I get a job I'll get the Prestige, if not I'll get the hardened.

Yeah don't feel too bad David, here in Australia we've been paying $110 since this generation first came out. Maybe not all games, but most of the hyped up'd ones.

anyways, back to the topic. what do you guys think. think we're being ripped off? i've already got 92 dollars down on the prestiege. i really, really wanted some in game content and a DVD but oh well.

When i first heard about the prestige edition I REALLY wanted it but when I found about the price I really cant see myself for buying it.
I agree though keep the prestige edition like it is and add maybe a new camo or someting that came just with the prestige edition i could see myself buying it.Im just gonna get the hardened edition.

anyways, back to the topic. what do you guys think. think we're being ripped off? i've already got 92 dollars down on the prestiege. i really, really wanted some in game content and a DVD but oh well.

Hardened Editon is just like any other collector's edition that has come out. Just the right price in my opinion.

Prestige editon? Meh, I'll stick to the gaming portion.

Hardened Editon is just like any other collector's edition that has come out. Just the right price in my opinion.

Prestige editon? Meh, I'll stick to the gaming portion.

thats not what i mean, 79.99 is the normal price of a collectors edition game, im just saying usually theres more than an art book and 1 download in it.

Back