monster jam...

knoxbox

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Strawberry Plains, TN
Wii Online Code
2067-6457-2250-9081
okay, ive been a big fan of monster trucks for years, i baught excite truck (awesome game btw) never checked out monster 4x4 but heard it was pretty good so when i saw monster jam on tv and it was for the wii i headed to best buy to pick it up, i got a killer deal the monday after black friday i got it for 20 bucks.

anyhow i rush home open the game pop it in the ol' wii and off we go, pretty exciting game SO FAR... but it has some issue's. sometime you run over something and it just totally throws you off track, and when you hit the cars head on instead of going over them ur launched like 20ft in the air flailing around with no sort of control. freestyle is a big hit or miss, you can destroy everything and you just seem to fall short of the competition.

so i reach for the manual of the game figuring okay maybe there is a differnet control setup or maybe it'll tell me how to do different stunts... negative nothing in the manual other than ur basic brake reverse go and turning boost 4x4 drive etc...

okay so i hope on ign thinking hm surely there has got to be something to it... nothing on ign about monster jam other than its out... no guides no cheats... i'll have to check out the reviews and previews i guess...

just wondering if anyone else has this game, cause im seriously contemplating trading it in... the game is fun when you don't hit somethign that sends you flying off an edge and being respawned or causing total mayhem in freestyle and still finishin in 3rd... and you can't buy point to upgrade the trucks or anything i figured maybe thats why i couldn't land first. but nothing to be found...

any help is greatly appreciated.

well it only just came out and ign has alot of other, more important games to write review and guides about. small 3rd party games take a while to get coverage on ign. oh and for the love of GOD dont buy monster 4x4 ITS HORIBLE !!!!

wiigotdawii said:
well it only just came out and ign has alot of other, more important games to write review and guides about. small 3rd party games take a while to get coverage on ign. oh and for the love of GOD dont buy monster 4x4 ITS HORIBLE !!!!

Yea, I bought Monster 4x4 thinking it would be great (this was before monster jam came out (I love monster trucks :crazy: ))

IT SUCKS!

ive seen lesser games with more coverage... games w/o commercials i could see having no coverage, but you see a commercial for monster jam every 20 mins on speed channel lol... i dunno i think ign is sleeping, the game is okay, i played it some more, but u'd think it'd be a little more realistic rather than just flying 50 feet in the air spinning around like a top. lol.

im not dissapointed tho i basically stole the game... not in a literal since... i went into best buy to check out the game, and there it was sitting there with a 19.99 price tag, i was like whoa, great deal thinking it was a black friday left over or something goto the counter and they ring it up and it comes up 54.96 and i was like no they are like 5 more in the spot and it says 19.99... so i walk back with the lady and show her sure enough she says its 19.99 as i take a closer look i realized it the tag says monster truck arena... upon further investigation the upc # don't match, she didn't bother to check but i didn't say anything and walked out with a new game for 20 bucks... whats monster truck arena like? anyone played it?

in other words all im saying is im not mad cause i got what I paid for, the game is probably only worth 20 or so realistically, based on gameplay.

Last edited:
Back