Monster Lab Not A Nintendo Exclusive?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Last month, Eidos announced that their monster-building action RPG Monster Lab would be heading to the Wii and Nintendo DS. However, Monster Lab may not be appearing solely on Nintendo systems after all. GameFly has a listing for a PS2 version of the game, apparently set to come out on May 31st, though this is likely a tentative date. If this is true, it means yet another game that was originally thought to be Wii exclusive will be heading to the PS2. I just wonder if the PS2 version, if it indeed exists, will retain the online functionality of the Wii version. And as always, keep in mind that this isn't official until we hear something from Eidos. However, given Gamefly's track record, I'd bet that a PS2 version does exist. Also, I wonder just how long this trend of Wii games being ported to the PS2 will last. What do you readers think?

Source

I dont see how it will really hurt sales. Old gen ps2 vs. Wii?
Alot of PS2 casual gamers will upgrade to a Wii whenever they can find one. Besides that in the next year ps2 will no longer be supported by Sony.

With this decision "if its true" 3rd party is just not putting all its eggs in one basket! smart move in my opinion and more of them should do it. I'd like to see more 3rd party stray away from exclusivity and support more multi platform and force MS/Sony/Nintendo to continue to come out with great 1st/2nd party games for the exclusive content. Thats the perfect gaming world in my opinion.

All exclusive 3rd party titles do is take away from how many people get to enjoy the big 3rd party titles. In turn how much profit the console company acctually makes off the game "they pay for exclusivity in hopes of higher sales" but usually do no better than if it was not exclusive. That ends up limiting funds that could be better used to develop the 1st/2nd party games they are really known for.

Back