Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Thread

Hochiminh

Banned
Nov 15, 2006
Wii Online Code
2880-7187-6708-3449
I just bought this today, but I haven't opened it. I guess I'm wondering if anyone else enjoys it, and if you have any tips, strategies, or inquiries about the game?

I just bought this today too, but I haven't opened it yet either. The online reviews average about 7-8/10.

So I was excited...I put the game in, created my own file with the touch of the Z button, then watched the AWESOME opening movie. Then I pressed Start to go to the Menu screen, which shows a cool character to the right of the screen and his/her pal or rival behind. I love the on-screen cursor, which has a trail of smoke following it.

I went under Options. Gameplay had the usually Com difficulty, how many rounds, how much blood, and how much time per round. Then I went under the Controls setting. You can change controls between the directional pad buttons, C, A, and Z buttons (unfortunately not the gestures, more later.) Extras had Credits and a Trailer.

Onward to the Krypt. It's not like the recent Mortal Kombats. It's not a graveyard, you only have one type of Coin (gold), and you KNOW whats behind them because they tell you what it is on the bottom of the screen. Well, there goes the surprise factor. Unlocked from the beginning were program and designer photos, some music, and an Ermac promo, and Motor Kombat video.

Then, onward to the game. I haven't played Arcade or Endurance mode. I watched the Wii training video, and tried to train with Scorpion. Lesson 1: throw the spear, gesture Back, then Forward with the Wii remote while holding the B button. I tried about 20-30 times, and finally got the gesture right. You can do it left to Right if you want also. I can do this and the Backflip (Holding B, half-circle Forward to back (or Left to Right) with the remote) pretty good, but you have to do quick motions and its best and works well when the nunchunk and remote are level. Anyway, everytime I tried his Teleport Punch (Hold B, Forward, then Back with the remote) it would perform the spear. Eventually, I got to doing the Teleport Punch sometimes, but other times it did the Spear. Note I haven't played with a Classic Controller (I don't own one) nor a Gamecube controller yet.

I then went to practicing with Sub-Zero. The on-screen cues on the left show you what you are doing and if you performed any gestures. When I performed a half-circle with the remote, it would show a Left to Right cue or a half-circle upward insted of downward or something weird. Maybe my Remote isn't calibrated right.

Controls are: Z button=Block, C button=Change style, A button=Throw, B button=Special Move button, Directional Pad=the four attacks. Using the directionals for attacks was actually intuitive and worked well.

Lastly, I decided to check out the Kreate-a-Fighter mode. It is very robust. You have a preset Male or Female, determine the size, face, and skin color, then you start with clothing for the head, upper body, and lower body, and face wear. Then you can change the color of the outfit. You can make it virtually anything you want if you have spare Koins (I haven't played Konquest yet). You can even extend or retract the facial features. Then, you set up his fighting style and stance, and give attacks to basic directional pad buttons and some combos. I haven't gone under Weapon Style, Bio, or any of the others yet; I'll do that later.

All in all, I haven't played Konquest, Motor Kombat, Arcade, Endurance, finished the rest of Kreate-a-Fighter, and seen how you do Fatalities. More later...so far, I'll give it a modest 6 out of 10.

I like the Mortal Kombat series but no online play is really disappointing for this type of game. I would say equally the same for DBZ Tenkaichi 2 that I own but somehow DBZ is a little different cause you kinda fight in first person view plus when playing story mode it's like your watching the TV series. Point is Mortal Kombat needs online to sell, as for DBZ there's so many fans already...

Opinion 2:

So, I finished Kreate-a-Fighter; I browsed through the weapon styles, stances, and applied my moves and combos. Next, I created what voice me guy has and what his Ending victory dance was. I then put in my special moves, ranging from projectile/charge/teleport and the like (there wasn't much to choose from without Koins). Lastly, I typed in the name, his saying, and his biography, which can practically be a mile LONG!!! Saved it! I found out that you can only create one fighter; I'm not sure if this means one per entire game or one per profile. More later.

Next, I got into Motor Kombat. There wasn't too much to do in this tacky waste of a game. I guess multiplayer for 4 players would be better. With only 5 tracks, 10 characters, and only one special move per character, the game seemed boring. The good things were the surprisingly good graphics and control (you could steer like a steering wheel, attach the Nunchunk and drive with the Analog Stick, or play with the Classic or Gamecube controller.

On another note, I connected the Gamecube controller, and it was easy as heck to perform the specials and stuff. Anyway, as you'll see later on, I'm starting to like the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo...

Then, I had to try the Konquest mode. It was very easy and I got pretty far (with lots of Koins to boot) , collecting unlokacles and even one hidden character along the way. The premise of Konquest is to collect all of the relics to unlock major secrets. You control Taven, an unlikely hero who doesn't really know what's happening, but he knows he must seek his father if he wants to know the truth of the invasion and why he must become the Protector of Edenia.

I then decided to practice a little more, this time with Sub-Zero. I found out that I was doing some of the gestures wrong. I learned that gestures should be done Left to Right to throw a spear, not Toward the screen (yet I still do it anyway.) It really seems like either one works (I roll from Toward to Away half circle towards the screen...it seems to work), but the idea is littler movements. It seems like littler movements responded better than long ones.

I couldn't figure out where my created character was, but I found him on the fourth row to the far right. Only one slot for a created fighter.

Finally, I busted out Arcade mode with Baraka. I was busting Special moves quite well, and I came up to the Fatalities. The premise here is to stringe a series of gestures to humilate and annhilate an adversary. I pulled an arm out and severed a head or two in the process. Anyways, I ended up beating the boss with Scorpion to show his ending bio.

All in all, I have actually enjoyed it...I figured out the gestures fairly well, the graphics are above par, especially in Konquest mode, the Create-a-Fighter is robust and detailed, and the selection of characters and modes give it great variety. The negatives are that Motor Kombat lacks variety (I'm probably will never play it.), you can only create one fighter, and the Krypt has less unlockables then other past games, as well as the fact that you can see what you get before you're buying it and you can probably unlock it in Konquest mode eventually anyway. So far, I'm really digging it...I'd give it an 8 out of 10 (I recently above gave it a 6). If your a Mortal Kombat afficionado (and don't mind no online), then for sure buy it. It was well worth 50 bucks!

I haven't played Endurance, checked to see if you can create another fighter on a different profile, or played a multiplayer game yet. More tomorrow...

Opinion 2:

Endurance was fast and engaging, but I couldn't get far; I got to maybe the 11th or 12th fighter before I was beaten...

Anyway, you can create one fighter per profile, meaning that you can have a total of 8 characters created, one for each profile. You can go against created fighters in Versus and Practice mode by first accessing your Kombat code of the profile, and then selecting that created character. Same with the second player.

End thoughts. I'll give it an 8.

Last edited:
My versus mode is grayed out, and I have completed most parts of the game, but it remains unselectable.
How do I "unlock" versus mode?

Thanks!

Your gonna need a another remote with a classic controller in order to have the versus mode on as well just like KPac511 says.

It doesn't need to be a classic controller... You just need a second controller period. :lol:

Same thing happens if you unplug the nunchuk or classic controller from the remote... The only option that ISN'T greyed out is Motor Kombat because it's the only mode you can play with just the remote. All you need to do is plug in a second controller.

I do have a 2nd Wii Remote and Nunchuck..

I have 2 Wii Remote's and 2 Nunchucks, but it never recognizes the 2nd Wii Remote and Nunchuck.
In Wii Sports, you go to a special screen where you tell it about the 2nd Wii Remote and Nunchuck, and hold down the 1 & 2 buttons, and after a few seconds it recognizes it.
I try this, and lots of other things in M.K.A. to get the 2nd Wii Remote and Nunchuck recognized, but no go...
Do I have to have a USB plugged in controller for the 2nd controller?
If not, how do I get the 2nd Wii / Nunchuck to be recognized?

Thanks!

i give this game a 9/10

this game is tight.

on my kreate a fighter, i created none other than..............MICHAEL JACKSON!!!

not because i like to make fun of him. jus because i like him as an artist and his music. (no, i dont believe all that garbage the media talks about him. INNOCENT PPL)

so yea, this game is worth my $50.

Back