Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Movie rentals

Discussion in 'Xbox Consoles' started by james24uk, Jan 16, 2008.

1. james24uk

james24uk WiiChat Member

Hiya

Just wanted to get some views on this movie rental thing on the xbox 360 from my stand point i find the service limited at best the main issue i have is after you download a movie (takes a good few hours) and u play it for the first time you only have 24 hours to play the movie then you have to pay to download it again.

I mean come on even at blockbuster u can rent them for at least 2 days for alot less than you are paying to download it on live. for me this service is not going to catch on in a big way untill you can do alot more with the movie or pay alot less for it. Also another problem is the time it takes to download it i have a very fast broadband connection yet it still takes hours yes i understand its a very big file size but lets face it here its alot less fuss to pop to your local video store and rent the movie.

digital distribution is a very long way off for anything the size of a movie its just cheaper and easyer to buy or rent a film on a dvd. anyway rant over just wanted others views

thanks

2. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

when you rent a movie from blockbuster or wherever you only watch it at most 2 times, pushing 3 if you have a big family that has a demand for it? + you can get it in HD which is a +.
    it costs money to license a movie though and when you rent a movie youre paying for the license of 1 day + microsoft's profit. best bet is to just go to blockbuster if you want to have a non-hd movie for 7 days that requires you to drive there and drive back.

3. Syntax

Syntax That Canucks Fan

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0001
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    Even though it's no longer advertised, there are no late fees on overdue movies at Block Busters I believe. So, when my friends go to Block Buster they go knowing that they can keep a game and or movie rental for as long as they want. Some of my friends will even keep it up to a month or so.