My 4 1/2 year old son's first Wii bowling perfect game!

tonyqvn

WiiChat Member
Dec 8, 2006
Well, his third time's a chime!!!

I had posted a thread on here a couple of weeks ago to simply state that I was getting whooped by my 4 1/2 year old son in Wii bowling. He plays an hour of Wii bowling a week for the past few months, and as of a few week ago starts to average 8-9 strikes a game at 250+ points while I was around 220+. He lines up his Mii in the EXACT same spot each throw, and somehow has the perfect throwing motion down for a strike which I couldn't duplicate.

About a week ago, after he got the first 8 strikes (in two different games), I took out the camcorder. Needless to say both those times he didn't strike the 9th frame. So yesterday, he once again got the first 8 strikes and I decided NOT to film it. So, he did it! He got 10 strikes! I've always thought you needed 12 strikes for a perfect game, but after 10 strikes the Wii showed the perfect game screen (screen shot attached).

Now only if he could be this good in real life bowling. I could then retire. :cool:

Attachments

• w004.jpg
    w004.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 4,166
Last edited:
Thats great man. Its nice to know that the Wii aids in some father and son bonding. And yes, I absolutely stink at the game. :lol:

Prepare to be banned superheist you racist son of a...

Woah that's really cool lol, I also suck at this game so you're son would kick my ass!

heh, nice one!!

my 6 year old also beats me quite comfortably at Wii bowling.

even on his very first attempt (after he stopped dropping the
ball behind him) he got 180+

he won't play it now, says it too easy!!

Yeah I join the people whos ass would be kicked by your son :) . Good to see your enjoying the game! Oh yeah and nice TV you have there ;) !

Good God! I Can't Get Higher Than 210!!! XD

I just Got Owned By A 4 1/2 Year Old. :lol:

Congrats!

Damn I only break 200 on my good games. And it's "Third time's a Charm" I believe.

Yeah, you guys say you're owned by a 4 1/2 year old. I'm the one who gets all the taunting each time we play.

When he first beat me a few weeks ago, I smiled like any father would, but really thought it would never happen again because I had played a loose game. Then, it happened again. And again.

Next thing I knew, he beat me in 12 straight games over the span of a few days, while he averages around 250+. There I was really trying to get strikes, and could manage 5-7 strikes per game. And there he was, racking up strikes like you wouldn't believe, getting 8-9 strikes per game. He could also pick up spares like nobody's business either (not that he usually needs to).

Then the taunting begins.

What did I do to ease the taunting? I couldn't ground him for whooping my @ss in bowling. So I take him regularly to his cousins' houses and let him beat them instead. :)

The way I bowl is starting at the far right and hook the bowl (like in real life bowling). I guess with my approach there's more room for error as the ball's spin can vary slightly. The way HE bowls is starting PRECISELY at 1 2/3 dots to the right from the center, and he does a short throw with a funky flick of the wrist which hooks the ball just enough into the pocket. Even when his bowling ball's spin varies just a bit, he still strikes.

BTW, the TV is a Sony 60". It's daddy's toy. :p

Last edited:
Well congratulations on your son's 300 in bowling, but don't you think that Mii is a little bit off. Surely he would use his own when playing, right? Anyway, nice 60" Sony TV.

As for the Mii, that's his own creation when we first got the Wii. That's how he sees himself I guess. :p

Back