My Mature Game Opinion

subzerobf

WiiChat Member
Mar 12, 2009
Okay, we all know the Wii is primarily a casual gamer/family game console. We also know that Nintendo is planning on expanding the Wii M Rated Lineup. But there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the violent nature of games like Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill, saying it breaks the status quo and the Wii is drifting towards the 360 and blah blah blah. Well I think it is all crap. I think a line of good M rated games is exactly what the Wii needs. Yes, the wii is a great family console, but that charm is fading fast. Wii Sports is basically forgotten by anyone whose had a Wii more than a month and how many mini-game collections can possibly be made. And now that we think about, were any really that good. There are exceptions, but we all know the action gmaes are the best games on any console. The PS3 and 360 have so many great titles. Killzone 2, BioShock, Street Fighter IV, BioShock, Halo 3, Gears of War 2 and the list goes on and on. 5 of those games are M rated, and 1 is T rated, Mature/Hardcore games are better, it's a fact. The Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 for it's headliners, and that's prety much it. Before the release of Madworld and Hotd: Overkill, the Wii has only had a few good T/M games. CoD; World at War, Bully, Resident Evil 3, Smackdown vs Raw 09 and MK: Armageddon. Now look, Hotd: Overkill and Madworld are both great games and I'd take both any day over Carnival Games and Mario Party 8. I know the Wii is a family console, but families include teenagers and young adults. The Wii does have one up on the 360 and PS3, as they have very few casual games, Other than sports games, not many are E Rated. If really can put casual and hardcore in the balance with a Good marketing campaign for the mature games, I think the Wii could become the desirable console it was back in 2007. Next thing, the friend codes. But I'll save that for another rant.

Okay, we all know the Wii is primarily a casual gamer/family game console. We also know that Nintendo is planning on expanding the Wii M Rated Lineup. But there has been a lot of controversy surrounding the violent nature of games like Madworld and House of the Dead: Overkill, saying it breaks the status quo and the Wii is drifting towards the 360 and blah blah blah. Well I think it is all crap. I think a line of good M rated games is exactly what the Wii needs. Yes, the wii is a great family console, but that charm is fading fast. Wii Sports is basically forgotten by anyone whose had a Wii more than a month and how many mini-game collections can possibly be made. And now that we think about, were any really that good. There are exceptions, but we all know the action gmaes are the best games on any console. The PS3 and 360 have so many great titles. Killzone 2, BioShock, Street Fighter IV, BioShock, Halo 3, Gears of War 2 and the list goes on and on. 5 of those games are M rated, and 1 is T rated, Mature/Hardcore games are better, it's a fact. The Wii has Galaxy, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 for it's headliners, and that's prety much it. Before the release of Madworld and Hotd: Overkill, the Wii has only had a few good T/M games. CoD; World at War, Bully, Resident Evil 3, Smackdown vs Raw 09 and MK: Armageddon. Now look, Hotd: Overkill and Madworld are both great games and I'd take both any day over Carnival Games and Mario Party 8. I know the Wii is a family console, but families include teenagers and young adults. The Wii does have one up on the 360 and PS3, as they have very few casual games, Other than sports games, not many are E Rated. If really can put casual and hardcore in the balance with a Good marketing campaign for the mature games, I think the Wii could become the desirable console it was back in 2007. Next thing, the friend codes. But I'll save that for another rant.

What the big picture the point of your thread?

It's laughable that you think your opinion is so important (maybe even unique?) that you post threads all about it.. haha.

All I have to say is that through all that dribble, it's not a fact that mature games are 'better'. What defines a game as good or not has to do with 1) the gamer's opinion, and 2) the actual quality and time that was spent thinking up and producing the game. If someone puts all their heart into a an E 10+ title and another person does the same for an M rated title, it just comes down to preference (beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you will).

In other words, there are a lot of great non-Mature games, and there are a lot of great mature games. End of. Everything else is pretty obvious, except I don't believe the Wii will ever achieve the glamor it had before it's launch and during the first month or two afterward.

Last edited:
Id rather see more good games over some crappy game with a M/18+ mark on the box

The Zelda series never got a 18+ thing on them dose that make them worse than Manhunt that got a 18+ thing on the box?

If all you care about is that print some of them logos out and stick them on some of the good games that dont have them

The Wii has more good games than you listed and they sell well despite several not being rated 'M'.

Mature games don't always sell better either, I don't know where that came from.

Anyways the Wii is starting to get more mature titles, its broadening its genres and really becoming a console for everyone it appears.

"But Killzone 1, sucked before. So why did you think we wanted more?"

I'm not really bothered by it. People bought the Wii for that purpose. Why would you want to introduce something that is never going to appeal to the five year old kiddies that own one?

a good game doesnt have to be mature,
and not every mature game is good.

"But Killzone 1, sucked before. So why did you think we wanted more?"

I'm not really bothered by it. People bought the Wii for that purpose. Why would you want to introduce something that is never going to appeal to the five year old kiddies that own one?

I find it interesting that, after all the time message boards have been around, people still attempt to troll.

They just need a good game and I agree a good game doesn't have to be mature. But some of the most popular games like Halo and COD are rated M.

i think the wii needs to make some more m rated games. but they just dont have the graphics for games like halo 3 or metal gear solid 4. those are both exclusive to the 360 and ps3 but wii just can't make games like that . at least they have not yet.

Back