My nintendo arcade

MrMac

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2007
Hello everyone,

I created a Nintendo Arcade on my computer. I have a NES, SNES, N64, and SEGA Genesis emulator on it. I created a video showing it too!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9BwbIDhJDSw

Please rate and comment and if you want your own, I can show you the way. (lol)

Thanks!

BTW, if I posted in the wrong section, sorry and feel free to move it!

Erm... It's just a bunch of emulators.

I'm pretty sure most of the gamers on the forum has a setup like this.

I got SNES, NES, N64, PSX, Atari, DOS, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, GBA, GBC and Megadrive

I have over 5GB of roms :lol:

The reason I think mine is unique is because of the wallpaper and icons and what not.

On a Windows-based PC, you cannot edit the icons for Internet Explorer or the folder icons to a custom picture. But on my Mac, I was able to edit the name of Safari to "Download Games" and change all the icons to the Nintendo Logo.

That is the main reason as to why I think mine is unique.

Thanks for watching!

MrMac said:
The reason I think mine is unique is because of the wallpaper and icons and what not.

On a Windows-based PC, you cannot edit the icons for Internet Explorer or the folder icons to a custom picture. But on my Mac, I was able to edit the name of Safari to "Download Games" and change all the icons to the Nintendo Logo.

That is the main reason as to why I think mine is unique.

Thanks for watching!
You can edit the icons on Micro$oft Winblows, I did when I used to use it.

FRuMMaGe said:
You can edit the icons on Micro$oft Winblows, I did when I used to use it.
You CANNOT edit icons in Windows. You can "change" the icons with ones that came with Windows. But as for making your own or editing preset ones, not happening. The reason is is that the preset icons in Windows are unsurported file types while trying to open using photoshop or GIMP or w/e you want to use. Also, the icons will not display the normal photo file types. (i.e. .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .psd, .bmp and so on and so forth.)

I don't want to start arguing but I am just letting you know, I know quite a lot about computers.

idjut said:
What OS do you use now, FRuMMaGE? :)
Not to really criticize, but isn't that obvious? As for the video, meh, nothing interesting... most people customize their PC's to their own standards.

of course... you would think of an obvious answer...
there's more than mac out there, 261311 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To be honest, it's not all that impressive that you just renamed a few icons and installed some emulators but instead of just bagging on you like some others here, here's some constructive advice:

1. What emulators are you using? If you want customization, MAME/MESS is probably the best way to go. It's not the fastest emulator set out there but it emulates a TON of hardware and supports a wide variety of hardware as input.

2. Have your emulators default to full screen at startup.

3. What are you using to control your emulators? These days a USB gamepad is a great solution. I don't know if you can do it in OS X but in Linux you can even get the window environment to recognize a USB gamepad as a general input device so you don't have to switch from using your mouse to your controller to change games or emulators.

4. How about a full-screen menu that launches your emulators for you? You could even get fancy with the artwork there. There are some pre-built ones for MESS and MAME or you could roll your own if you want to stick with your current stable of emulators. TCL/Tk used to be a really nice scripting language for doing that sort of thing but there may be better options out there now.

MrMac said:
You CANNOT edit icons in Windows. You can "change" the icons with ones that came with Windows. But as for making your own or editing preset ones, not happening. The reason is is that the preset icons in Windows are unsurported file types while trying to open using photoshop or GIMP or w/e you want to use. Also, the icons will not display the normal photo file types. (i.e. .png, .jpeg, .jpg, .psd, .bmp and so on and so forth.)

I don't want to start arguing but I am just letting you know, I know quite a lot about computers.

If you know quite a lot about computers as you say, then you would know it's a trivial matter to get the icon image into an image editor, do whatever you want with it, and save it out as an icon image file that can be selected when you choose Change Icon for a program.

Back