My opinion on Zombie U.

link2000

WiiChat Member
Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Wii Online Code
7389-5692-2682-5408
It's official. I've just beat the game today and now I must tell my honest opinion on it. The games puts in place of a zombie apocalypse and you must do anything survive (typical zombie survivor plot). While the game has the right atmosphere, it fails to make you actually feel that you're trying to survive.

An example is that every time I find a container or corpse, it's most of the time empty, thus making the world feel empty itself. The game lacks a story, but that wasn't really the developers' intentions (would've been nice). The game gives you plenty of guns to choose from through the game, but only one melee weapon. A lot of times I found myself out of ammo and having to use the cricket bat; it becomes really dull having to use this weapon, because of its repetitive one way hit. Overall, the game has some great ideas, but it could've been so much better. Perhaps Ubisoft will correct their mistakes and really pursue their ideas in the sequel, making it a masterpiece in my opinion.
Zombie-U-600x375.png

Rating: 7 out of 10.

Last edited:
Was wonderin' whether or not the multiplayer was online or local only... Well, that is indeed a shame.

Reviews seem positive overall so far, but it doesn't seem 't be a game that demands a day-one purchase. I'll be busy with Brawl (... hopefully), ACIII and various other games so I'll probably pick it up when the price drops.

Its sad really... most games I really wanted, especially 007 Legends and Zombi U are getting low reviews. I guess this made Nintendo get another couple years behind Microsoft and Sony again. At least Nintendo Land got 8.0 on IGN.

Really? I never expected that. It seems to be a mere party game to me, but I'll soon figure out when I get it.

If Ninty Land was done like the Mario Parties of old, I can see why it would get a good score overall.

I guess this made Nintendo get another couple years behind Microsoft and Sony again.

lolno, dat exaggeration

That's a downright lie lol. A game doesn't get an above average score and have no good things 'bout it.

What are the positives of it?

Just a few off the top of my head:

1) I respect the original poster's opinion but I myself DO feel as though I'm desparately trying to survive when I play. The lack of goodies in most containers for example means that you cannot always rely on foraging and MUST be careful with each and every shot. In a real world scenario you would get lucky and find some supplies every now and then but others would be looking for supplies as well and things would get picked through fast.

2) I love how developers can leave messages via graffiti and add things to the game on the fly. For example, today the devs put a dev made zombie into the game for one day only, if you find and kill this zombie in the game you get lots of loot.

3) Which brings me to 3...friends become zombies in YOUR game when they die in THEIRS, you can kill this friend created zombie for loot or even be killed BY him (or her)!

4) The game is tense and scary in a way that I haven't really seen in a game for a while. Its all about atmosphere and terror rather than in your face action zombies...like Romero's Dead series as opposed to something like 28 days later.

5) I can't describe why too well, but the game is addicting in a serious way. I guess its the overall game, but I find myself lost in it and spending HOURS, and they fly by.

6) The game feels more real than just about any zombie game or mode i have played.

I look at it this way. Two out of ten containers that I find actually have something in them. It does make a real challenge of trying to survive, however it still makes the game feel empty and boring.

Either way, I only died twice in the game. Yes. I am a beast. XD

Last I checked zombie apocalypses are rather empty 'n desolate. 'Sides the living dead, 'course.

Last I checked zombie apocalypses are rather empty 'n desolate. 'Sides the living dead, 'course.
I'm referring to the lack of items. I highly doubt a zombie apocalypse will somehow cause less items in the world, just humanity. :lol:

Last edited:
Back