My Wii is making a "buzzing" noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sano41785

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2007
I got my Wii last Janurary...played it maybe 20 hours or so since I have had it(haven't had a lot of time to really do much of anything). Anyway, I got some games for Christmas, so I thought I woud go play them. I have never dropped, kicked, slammed, etc, my system. I turn it on, pop in a game, and everything is fine...for about 15 minutes.

After that, I hear a buzzing noise. I only hear this noise usually if there is a game in there, and it isn't rear vent fan. The noise is coming more from the front, either the DVD ROM, or a front ventilation fan. It is very annoying, because it gets loud, soft, loud, soft, etc.

First of all, is there anyone that has this problem, and can let me know if it is a serious problem, that should make me consider sending in my system to have it repaired? Secondly, if anyone has had this problem, or might now how to fix it, is there a way I can fix it without having to send it in?

ANY, and ALL feedback on this matter is greatly appreciated. It doesn't hamper my game play at all, but I don't like playing my Wii, knowing that there is something wrong with it, and that I might damage my system further, so I don't even bother playing it at all. :(

Hi!

It's a bit tricky to know what the buzzing sound is without hearing it. When I've got a disc in all I hear is the disc spinning (although it sounds like mine has got louder over the past year). So it may not be anything to worry about. I've also personally found that some of my discs sound different to others when running.

However, if you're worried about it, I suppose there is no harm in calling Nintendo for advice. Just carry on playing it and enjoy yourself for now I would say. If it breaks...it breaks! If you got it in January it should still be under warranty for a few more weeks.

I've been worried about my DS and Xbox packing up recently as well. But I've just come to accept, it's not the end of the world if they do break.

Hope that helps (a bit)!

The buzzing noise is something more than the CD spinning. The thing is, it doesn't do it when I first put in a game. It happens about 10-15 minutes after I play, resulting in, what I think, an issue with a cooling fan near the Disc Drive. At first I thought it was something with the games, but it does it with everyone of them. I am waiting for the holidays to end, and will then I will call them. While it still is under warranty, I can't seem to find the reciept. So, I will just have to wait, I guess.

I don't mind putting a few extra bucks towards my Wii, to make sure it is in fuctional order, without having to worry about it. My girlfriend is starting to get into it a lot more, so I want to buy some more games, and another "Wii-mote", for her, so we can have some fun together. I would hate to invest a lot of money in games, only for it to "crap out" on me.

So yeah, the buzzing / whirring noise isn't coming from the CD drive, at least, im pretty sure, but near it. It isn't the rear fan, either. It is working fine. Just have to see what Nintendo says, and if I should even bother worrying about it. Anyone else having this issue, though?

i have that noise too and its driving me crazy

hey i got that stupid noise coming out of wii too, i had my wii for about 2 years and it just started this month and its reallyyyyyyyyy loud and drivin me nuts

i think u should sue nintendo

i have a link how to fix it

hey its me again and i found a link how to fix it

go to youtube and type in nintendo wii disc noise fix and its the first 1

hope it works for u

This is worse

okay,so just a few months ago my wii started to freeze up AND make a buzzing sound.......only for Call of Duty zombies.CAN ANYBODY HELP!!!???:sick::frown5:

...Mine died

Our Wii buzzed for about 4 years before it burned out. Well technically It would say "unable to read disk, refer to the Wii manual for trouble shooting blah blah blah" but it still worked, we just couldn't play games on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back