My Wii Wont Turn On!!!

madmanhaz

WiiChat Member
May 30, 2007
sorry, this is my first post, didnt have the patience to look if there is a section especially for hardware problems im too panicked! my wii is not responding to anthing at all! i havent played it much i left it at my house for a month whilst i went to america, there is no led on the console and im worried! any help would be much appreciated
thanks

Make sure all the wires in the back of the console are plugged into a working electric socket on the wall. If it's still not working, contact Nintendo Hardware Issues Department and they'll be sure to send you a new one (although it may take up to a couple weeks).

ok, first you gotta calm down. Next, check all plugs on the wii console to make sure theyre pluged it all the way if any. Try it again, if it still doesnt work, check to see if your warranty expired yet. Most likely it hasnt. Next call nintendo for support and see if you may have to ship it in. Whatever is wrong with it right now, is nothing that cant be fixed or replaced. When did you buy your wii?

Guitarsmasher108 said:
ok, first you gotta calm down. Next, check all plugs on the wii console to make sure theyre pluged it all the way if any. Try it again, if it still doesnt work, check to see if your warranty expired yet. Most likely it hasnt. Next call nintendo for support and see if you may have to ship it in. Whatever is wrong with it right now, is nothing that cant be fixed or replaced. When did you buy your wii?

That's pretty much exactly what I said just worded a little bit differently.

uhh has it been opened? if so then maybe a wire has been snapped or something i dunno

You could go to the hardware section and see if it has anything. Maybe you'll be lucky. Gook luck.

Opening it might have damages it, like said. But if you say that there is no LED on, then the most likely reason is, that your wii isn't getting power. So the problem, like most people have said, is with the plugs, and the power adapter. If you have a friend who has a wii, try testing his power adapter on your wii. If it still won't work, you've got a broken wii, so you better send it to get replaced or fixed, again as suggested. DON'T OPEN IT! You could loose your warranty if you open it, so it's safest not to. Hope you get it to work :thumbsup:

make sure ur cords are completely plugged in, on both sides, (the outlet and the wii) then press the power button on the wii. if that dosent work, try turning it on with one of your wiimotes. if that dosent work, that means your wiimote is not syncranized with your wii. to sync. it, open the sd card cover on the front of the wii. press the red button above the sd card slot. then open the bottom of your wiimote, (where the batteries are) and press the small red button that should be beside the batteries. then hold the wiimote close to the wii. then after its done flashing, press the power button on the wiimote

and also, try plugging your power cord into another outlet. see if that works.

Last edited:
heh this happenend to my PS2 yesterday!
It turned out that the power strip was dissconnected....you may have the same problem...you could try opening it up and seeing whats wrong with it..either that or call Nintendo if your too scared!
You should study how the Wii works...
just dont panic...yor Wii is probably fine, theres probably just a small problem that you can easily fix.

Last edited:
madmanhaz said:
my wii is not responding to anthing at all! i havent played it much i left it at my house for a month whilst i went to america, there is no led on the console and im worried!

This happened to me the other day and the problem was that the AC Adaptor plug's fuse had blown, so try replacing the fuse. It can happen at any time; i've only had my Wii a month.

Back