Mysterious Maintenance Mode

Bliss

WiiChat Member
Aug 28, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Ok so i was surfin the web and came across this Mysterious Maintenance Mode...dont know anything about it nor have i tried it since im at work..i was wondering if anyone knew anything about it?

this is wat i have found and how to get in Maintenance Mode

1. Turn on your Wii.
2. At the screen where it says press A
3. Hold down the + and - buttons during the Health and Safety screen
4. While holding down those buttons, hit A

Heres a Vid that i found on it LINK

I'm dying to know what it's used for! I hope someone knows...

Lewi T said:
I'm dying to know what it's used for! I hope someone knows...

yea me too...im stuck at work so i cant play around with it, so im hopin someone knows

I imagine once you reset the Wii, it returns to normal...I think I'll let someone else try it though! I'll have a browse round the web to see if it says anything.

icyoooppplaa said:
does this screw up your wii or does it come back to normal?

i have no idea but i also found this link from wiiwii.tv...and on the bottom it says
Providing that you have the most up-to-date firmware, test it out for yourself. Before you do however, we should mention that we won’t be held responsible if anything horrible happens, like you lose all your saved games and whatnot. Dare you take the risk?

Well I just read a comment on some website, and they said that it is meant for Nintendo employees only, so that when you send your Wii in for repairs, by contract, they have to test it in maintenance mode so they won't see your personal information, that's why it doesn't let you enter the message board.

Sounds reasonable, I just wonder if that's true, and if that's the only truth!

Lewi T said:
Well I just read a comment on some website, and they said that it is meant for Nintendo employees only, so that when you send your Wii in for repairs, by contract, they have to test it in maintenance mode so they won't see your personal information, that's why it doesn't let you enter the message board.

Sounds reasonable, I just wonder if that's true, and if that's the only truth!

thats a good reason but there has got to be something else behind it also..
i just read this
There does not seem to be very many features and not much is known about what doors this might open. There have however been a few reports of “half-bricked” Wii consoles working properly after having accessed Maintenance Mod. It has also been confirmed that this mode is only available for Wii consoles with the 3.0 or newer dashboard update.
..from nintendo-scene.com

I beleive this is just for Nintendo if they need to fix your Wii.

But this is going to be fun to freak out my friend... :p

Repped

Last edited:
I just did it but didnt play around just incase ,
it deactivates the message board but other things seem normal . Dont know if I dare mess about with it .

Wii_Smurf said:
Well it's been there since update 3 or whatever. So maybe they're setting up for something :p

oo oo oo hopefully editable display options etc

hmmm most likely probably definately doubtfull

Back