Necro-Nesia details and screenshots

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Wii fans who have been following the launch title line-ups will have no doubt noticed the extra games heading to Japans shores on release day.
View attachment 852
Necro-Nesia is one of these titles and hasnt been getting as much attention as some of the other launch day titles.

Developed by Spike, this B-rated survival horror game throws players in a bug infested island where they have to fend for themselves battling bugs and puzzles.
View attachment 853View attachment 854View attachment 855
What i find interesting about Necro-Nesia is its good use of the Wiimotes abilities, for example on the island the nunchuck attachment is used as a flashlight to guide Ray's path but should you come into contact with any nasties then a few swipes with the Wiimote is needed.

There are a few other touches including shaking the Wiimote should any bugs decide to cling onto you, or some innovative ideas with the control set up like balancing beam where you have to tilt the remote controller so the arrow points in the blue area. If you manage to do this Ray will walk across the platform unharmed.

Here are a few screenshots for the game.

Ronan said:
hmmmmm looks interesting

No... It doesn't... also I know graphics are not all, but it has really bad graphics... and also, if the people are not paying attention to that game, it's because they don't find it interesting

(I don't have anything against you Ronan :crazy:)

First REALLY bad game I've seen for the Wii. This should be scrapped right now. As soon as I post this reply. Right......... Now!

It reminds me on Tom Clanceys Rainbow Six on the N64

I admit this game doesnt really look great, especially when you have the likes of Zelda, Red Steel and Excite truck asking for your money instead. Though.... I am trying to keep an open mind, and although i wont buy this on launch as i already am lacking money, i may buy it for a tenner second hand in a few years, im it turns out to be O.K. Im waiting until somebody actually plays it before getting too pessimistic...

This game looks cool. If it's scary and you have to conserve and stuff, it would be awesome. Graphics suck, I don't think a bug made out of 3 blocks is going to scare me thought. See? Graphics are important, if you can't see something in a game like a survival horror, then how are you supposed to be scared!? I saw bugs on RE4 that look 839758327528935789326 times better than that.

How is everyone judging the game based on the screenshots in this thread. What am I missing here? Am I not clicking on the right screenshots because all I see are very tiny screenshots that are between 3 and 7 KB's in size and are about 1 inch wide on my screen when they are open.

Im judging it from the 3 seconds of VERY dissapointing video I saw in the Nintendo montage from E3. The main characters rolling movement doesn't even obey the laws of physics. He pretty much rolls forwards, and the character moves sideways. Figure that one out. Plus, the graphics suck, through-and-through. I can handle average graphics, (see Elebits) but when they could be done 100x better on the Mega-drive, it seems like such a total waste of time. If they're going to improve it, then they should do that LONG before they release any videos.

Get something clean and relatively polished to show us, and I might give it another chance. Until then, it looks like arse, and therefore, is arse.

Back