Need Help Connecting To the Internet? Help is here!

Vulkan

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2009
Tired of missing out on online sessions due to not being connected to the internet? Are you connected to the internet but are having problems? Help is here! :yesnod:

Thanks to the Nintendo Connection Ambassador program ( http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2009/nintendo_launches_connection_ambassador_promotion_14834.html?cID=314&lID=Ambassador&loc=enGB) I now have an incentive to help all the people out there who are having problems with their connection to the internet. ^^

If you are looking for help please either post here or PM me. If you can take a photo of you problem that would be fantastic. ^^

Friend Code: 3395-1547-8322-3671

Don't forget, I'm here to help. ^^

Thank you!

~Vulkan

Last edited:
Wii parental controls locked

Tired of missing out on online sessions due to not being connected to the internet? Are you connected to the internet but are having problems? Help is here! :yesnod:

Thanks to the Nintendo Connection Ambassador program ( http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2009/nintendo_launches_connection_ambassador_promotion_14834.html?cID=314&lID=Ambassador&loc=enGB) I now have an incentive to help all the people out there who are having problems with their connection to the internet. ^^

If you are looking for help please either post here or PM me. If you can take a photo of you problem that would be fantastic. ^^

Friend Code: 3395-1547-8322-3671

Don't forget, I'm here to help. ^^

Thank you!

~Vulkan

I have been trying to connect My partners sons Wii to my internet but someone has set a password and a secret question and he doesn't know it. What Can I do please???

What type of Internet connection do you have at home?

When I instructed my wii to find local wireless connections, I found our household's own very easily.However,there may be a lot of wireless access points which may not be your own or don't seem familiar.On mine the wii can locate two connections just called NETGEAR,which is the name of our router...I have no idea what the password is for them so I ignored them.

for the one called fennynet( relating to my surname and the internet) I just typed in the same password which was set when we set up our wireless connection for our PCs.

I suppose,so long as you set up the account with your ISP and you're not 'piggybacking' on someone else's connection,you'll be able to reset the password and the question,by contacting your ISP

I hope that helps,if not
Let me know a bit more about the problem and I'll try to help you further.

Jonathan

PS
I'm acting as a Wii Connection Ambassador,having just got my wii online myself and I'll gladly assist others,such as yourselves to get their Wii online.

My wii’s number is 8258 1669 3755 8567

Last edited:
What type of Internet connection do you have at home?

When I instructed my wii to find local wireless connections, I found our household's own very easily.However,there may be a lot of wireless access points which may not be your own or don't seem familiar.On mine the wii can locate two connections just called NETGEAR,which is the name of our router...I have no idea what the password is for them so I ignored them.

for the one called fennynet( relating to my surname and the internet) I just typed in the same password which was set when we set up our wireless connection for our PCs.

I suppose,so long as you set up the account with your ISP and you're not 'piggybacking' on someone else's connection,you'll be able to reset the password and the question,by contacting your ISP

I hope that helps,if not
Let me know a bit more about the problem and I'll try to help you further.

Jonathan

PS
I'm acting as a Wii Connection Ambassador,having just got my wii online myself and I'll gladly assist others,such as yourselves to get their Wii online.

My wii’s number is 8258 1669 3755 8567

I know my password etc for my internet so its not that that I need help with. The password and secret Question have been set on My partners sons Wii. Is there anyway to reset them at all without ringing Nintendo????

I have tried changing the country and language settings but no joy. The language changes but doesn't reset the password / parental controls and with the country settings I need to enter the Pin number (which he dosn't know what it is) If it had been him that had set the secret question then I'd of been able to reset them as I know what his answer would have been.

I already answered this for you, you will probably have to contact Nintendo and I linked you a page by Nintendo explaining you all that.

And so I shall link it again...

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/support/wii_support_5251_8159.html?id=8215

"If Parental Controls are applied and a user attempts to play or download content that exceeds the Parental Controls setting, the user will be prompted to enter the Parental Controls PIN to temporarily disable the Parental Controls. The PIN will be necessary each time a user tries to access restricted content. If your settings only apply to certain members of your household, share the Parental Controls PIN with users who may have unrestricted use of the system. You will be prompted to select and answer a secret question that will allow you to retrieve a forgotten Parental Controls PIN. If you forget your PIN, please follow the prompts on screen to answer your secret question. If you are unable to retrieve your PIN by answering your secret question, please contact Nintendo Consumer Service."

Did you read my PM?

I have been trying to connect My partners sons Wii to my internet but someone has set a password and a secret question and he doesn't know it. What Can I do please???

You'll need to the password to connect to it. The password should of been created by you or who ever setup your network. If you don't know you can log into the router and change it. Thats if you know the password to get into the router config screen. If your not sure on how to do any of these, list your router model and we can start from there.

Hi all I have sorted this problem out and registered it online and also helped a mate sort their Wii out too as they had same problem. So thanks to all those who helped

http://www.mubos-md.com/licensemaker/levelup.php?61515

qtpo0z7j.png

Click here to level up my license!

there should be a reset button on the router mine is on the back of the router I use a pen to push the button in for about 30 sec then reinstall my router software rename my connection create a passwork and enter a security key....

hope this helps

Back